hey pit

well my band is recording in 2 days, but we just realised that our best song, which is called 'They Want Our Souls', has some hidden meaning that we did not intend. (say 'our souls' a few times).

until we change this, we cant take this song seriously as it complete changes the meaning and makes it sound more like a homoerotic rape fest than anything else. so pit i ask you, do you have any ideas? atm the chorus goes:

they want our souls,
for what we do not know
they want our souls
and will drag them down below
Quote by evillemon
hey pit

well my band is recording in 2 days, but we just realised that our best song, which is called 'They Want Our Souls', has some hidden meaning that we did not intend. (say 'our souls' a few times).

until we change this, we cant take this song seriously as it complete changes the meaning and makes it sound more like a homoerotic rape fest than anything else. so pit i ask you, do you have any ideas? atm the chorus goes:

they want our souls,
for what we do not know
they want our souls
and will drag them down below

I don't think anyone else would have realised if you said our souls really fast it sounds like assholes.
I think you should call it 'they want arseholes'. That way, you avoid any ambiguity.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
they want our money
for what we do not know
they want our money
and will spend it on some 'ho
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think you should call it 'they want arseholes'. That way, you avoid any ambiguity.
+1 genius
Your band has been living a lie. Do you feel free now?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I like it the way it is. Don't let an inside joke between you and your band mess up a good song. But if you're really serious about changing it, just change our to your. One little letter change eliminates the "arseholes" sounding line.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by evillemon
nah we treid that and just end up sounding like arseholes again, but in a farmers accent, which is kind of worse really...

Quote by evillemon
nah we treid that and just end up sounding like arseholes again, but in a farmers accent, which is kind of worse really...

Best thing all day.
I say keep it, or maybe slow them two words down, or if not, emphasize the word "souls" (say it louder, or with more punch, or maybe more gently, whatever fits in), so it splits it up.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'd buy that single.
Quote by rigiddigits
I'd buy that single.

Then prepare to make the best purchase of your life!

*rushes to piano*
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by evillemon
lol thanks for the replies, think we will change it to 'your soul'.

maybe we will do a special version with the old lyrics for you sick minded people
Or....post *all* the lyrics so we can make a dirty version
Quote by rigiddigits
Or....post *all* the lyrics so we can make a dirty version

Nice.
Give us the lyrics!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
New version:
"They want their souls
Which is quite understandable really"
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by evillemon
seriously, i doubt the rest of the lyrics contain any sexual innuendos

also cba to write them up

If you CBA, then your band will get nowhere, .
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
To me it sounds like a person succumbing to various drug addictions, but that's just me.