Hey, Im having an audition for something in my school, and I need to show how versatile I can be as a guitar player!

I need a blues and jazz song which is fairly technincal(Not too advanced rythms or anything, I don't really play jazz or blues, well jazz anyways) and consisting of a catchy rythm part with some difficult chords. I don't want any solo stuff coz im showing that part of my repotoaire at the end with a prog rock solo.

Thanks a bunch!

Btw, when I say I need a blues and jazz song, I mean that I need one from each genre. Oh, and I don't mind mainstream type of stuff from well known artists, the audition is only meant for me to show my proffieciency in that genre, so preferably something thats very typical for each genre

Thanks again

Edit: oh, and i forgot to say that its not important that the whole song is good. As long as there's a riff there about 30-60 seconds which is really good, I don't care about the rest of the song, as I'm going to take different parts of different genres and edit em into one song!
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
Quote by Guitar-freak
Hey, Im having an audition for something in my school, and I need to show how versatile I can be as a guitar player!

Oh so are you attempting to pretend to be versatile?

For blues try an acoustic number. 32-20 blues is a great robert johnson tune in standard.
For jazz, try a basic twelve-bar and add some ii-V-I's and tritone subs for spice.

If you're trying to do a medley type deal, start with some T-bone walker type rhythm stuff on a twelve-bar, and transition to more complicated comping. Same with soloing, keep a basic blues scale early on and transition to more complicated jazz blowing.

If you want something with riffs, try a magic sam type twelve-bar blues or something.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.