#1
Hello Men and Women of UG


Heres the deal just now recently(Today) ive been getting small electric shocks from my guitar ore amp,i am not totally sure if it comes from that,but it seems everytime i touch my guitar/Amp i get charged up ore something then i touch some metal part i i get zapped by (Static electricity?)

Why is this? iam suspecting iam getting it from my Amp somehow=/
Bad cables?


And no this is Not a joke!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Last edited by Nexium at Oct 23, 2008,
#2
I've had the same problem when using a Marshall Half Stack in some of the practice rooms they have in town. I'll be strumming away, then I'll get a zap from my strings or humbuckers or bridge, don't know what, don't pay attention, but it's like a static shock up my arm. It really annoyed me. Hasn't happened recently, don't know if it was from sweating or not, but buggered up my playing for that song >.<
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
#4
play barefooted on a non-carpeted surface... works wonders
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
#5
It may seem obvious but check for any signs of moisture, I remember one time when I was playing outside I was getting shocked every time I touched the strings, and I found out the my cable(pretty low quality one) was running over some damp ground.

I moved it off the moist area and didn't have the problem anymore.
#6
That stinks of bad earthing. That needs to be looked at seriously as the shock might not be so mild next time.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
#7
something is probably not grounded properly
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
#8
Either a bad ground in the amp, or more likely, the outlet is in a ground loop. Try changing the outlet it's in and having the outlet inspected by an electrician. It is not from the cables or guitar, but is either directly or indirectly from the amp
#10
Is there anything i can do like get some addapter ore something like that?

i know the wireings are bad here when some one turn a light of my speakers go ''Plop plop''
but i never thought i whould get shocked=(
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.