Now, I bet that conjured up images of Dick Van Dyke. No. I'll explain it better.

I've completely failed to find a band so far. I have put up two posters in the school, one has been up for ...about a month. Not one answer, except for one that was from an absolute gimp in my class, who I couldn't stand to have any more contact with. Anyway, I'm leaving them up, but I was thinking, after spending half of my Dad's visit playing with his Imac...

How hard would it be to be a solo artist playing rock, etc. I play guitar, and I could force myself to sing, even though I'm a bit shy about it. Garage band has bass, drums and anything else I might need, and I do have a couple of tentative songs. Obviously, just for recording myself, that's fine. Is it worth putting myself out there as an artist without a back-up band yet?
^ dude i've been doing that for the last 9 years. check out the songs on my profile, personally i love playing with myself something tells me when i finish my next cd (god knows when) i can probably make a couple bucks on itunes or myspace or something. if you can write good music, people don't care if its just you or you and 9 guys. record companies might care, but if you can market yourself right (if you're even trying to make money) then you can still do something with it. i say go for it, whats the worst that can happen?
Well, after the beatles, Paul McCartney Released his first solo album, "McCartney" where he played every single instrument. Its not an unheard of idea, its actually really respectable in my opinion...Imagine, "Maybe I'm amazed" is played by Paul completely alone (well, his wife gives back up vocals, but thats not too important...). But personally, I'd keep looking for bandmates, you're still in High School, you've got plenty of time to find people.
I have the same problem as you, now i'm trying to teach my cat to play the drums but unfortunatly, he can't hold on to the stick without thumbs

so now i'm trying to make a new breed of cats that can hold drumsticks decently
Haha, I need a cat!

Yeah, as I said, not a multi-instrumental, so multi-tracking wouldn't be an option beyond rhythm guitar.

And don't worry - I intend to leave those posters up until they get a good answer. I'm sneaky - one is looking for other people, the other is offering me up to the other people :P

How would gigs work?
Well, thats the problem, if you arent established, it would be very costly to hire players to play your music, you would most likely play just guitar in that case
Quote by Jsmlw
Well, after the beatles, Paul McCartney Released his first solo album, "McCartney" where he played every single instrument. Its not an unheard of idea, its actually really respectable in my opinion...Imagine, "Maybe I'm amazed" is played by Paul completely alone (well, his wife gives back up vocals, but thats not too important...). But personally, I'd keep looking for bandmates, you're still in High School, you've got plenty of time to find people.

Lenny Kravitz has always done this
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Mmmm, so I think I'll just leave gigging until I actually have a band, and until then, just establish some decent songs of my own, and get feedback on them, maybe even build up a following - the region has quite a good music scene, and I'm friends with them, so I could get help from them :/
I've been doing it.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.