I was looking for a Classic 30 combo amp but came across a delta blues at a great price locally. It seems to be exactly the same as the classic 30 except that it also has tremolo in addition to the reverb.
Anyone tried both these amps? Do they have the exact same sound? I've tried and fell in love with the classic, but I wouldnt have a chance to try out the delta blues before buying. Is it the same?
I heard that the Delta Blues is a lot like the AC30. I havent seen slatsmania around here in a while, but I think he has one. shoot him a pm or check the search bar. I know theres a few Delta Blues threads around here.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The DB is a bit darker, and pushes more air, but other than that, it sounds very similar.
do you think it can handle zeppelin/jimmy page style rock along with blues? i'm looking at the classic 30 or the delta blues w/ footswitch for same price. not sure which is best
try em out if you can. thats going to be the only way to tell which one you like better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by kyates33
do you think it can handle zeppelin/jimmy page style rock along with blues? i'm looking at the classic 30 or the delta blues w/ footswitch for same price. not sure which is best

Yes it can. You may prefer 2x10 or 1x15, but if you plan on swapping speakers, you will pay more than with the C30 1x12. Tremolo is nice for blues too and the amp is a bit heavier overall, about 50 lbs total (23 kg).
The only difference is the added tremolo a and the speakers, the 15 incher sounds real bassy and dark and the two 10 make it a bit brighter with a less defined low end amp. IMO if you like the Classic 30 you will like a delta blues as well, it should sound great for your style of music you play.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
It's similar but it has tremolo, different speaker configs, and there are some circut changes but still similar. I actually kind of wish I went for one.
I have a Delta Blues. I tried out the Classic 30, but it felt like it was missing something. I like the added Tremolo and the bassier speakers. It can't achieve high gain without a pedal though.
I like the Delta Blues. My cousin has one, and it is very nice, and pretty versatile. With his distortion pedal, he can reach metal tones.
Saint Louis Blues