Just bought a beautiful new 08 MIM Strat from GC! It's unbelievable how much better it plays than my LP-100. Here's a few pics, I absolutely love this guitar. I'm thinking of doing what clapton did with blackie, by changing some of the hardware out for American Strat hardware, with an American Standard maple neck, lace sensor pups, and the lot, but for right now, it's a great guitar.

The Pics:
Attachments:
UGStrat2.JPG
UGStrat3.JPG
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Oct 23, 2008,
Its a nice guitar, but if you want to make it like "blackie" why did you get SSH and Midnight Blue? I didn't even know they made Midnight blue anymore. What year was it made?
She's a beauty. Kind of jealous.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by eurotrashed
Its a nice guitar, but if you want to make it like "blackie" why did you get SSH and Midnight Blue? I didn't even know they made Midnight blue anymore. What year was it made?

Naw, I didn't mean literally, I meant the same concept he used to make blackie. Take all the best parts and combine them to make a great guitar. According to the serial number, an 07-08
Quote by Lemmings311
I really like the color it is now..

Yeah, didn't mean changing the paint. Maybe I should reword that...
Nice guitar but I'm not sure I really like strats in blue, or at least that blue anyway. Still a damn good guitar
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
she's a beaut!
But I don't think you can put an American neck on a MIM without really adjusting the intonation. The American neck is longer with an additional fret.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
she's a beaut!
But I don't think you can put an American neck on a MIM without really adjusting the intonation. The American neck is longer with an additional fret.

Yeah, just an idea for now. I'll be broke for a while now
Quote by irishstang_87
Yeah, didn't mean changing the paint. Maybe I should reword that...

O good cuz the color is really nice..
Quote by ValoRhoads
she's a beaut!

no. MIM and MIA scale is the same. 25.5" The 22nd fret on MIA just overhangs the pickguard.
Quote by eurotrashed
no. MIM and MIA scale is the same. 25.5" The 22nd fret on MIA just overhangs the pickguard.

I figured it was something like that, any mods required to the body to fit the new neck, or is the fingerboard just extended?

^Thanks, I love the color. I might put a pearl pickguard on, but other than that, the body's staying stock
Should be a straight swap. Neck pockets are exactly the same AFAIK.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
I never really liked blue strats but hey...its a strat...cant knock it.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by stratdud39
wow i didnt no eric claptons blackie was orginally mim

PS. No mods to fit a MIA neck.
Quote by stratdud39
haha
dont worry im not gonna switch out my neck for an american made one that might not even be as good

x2

The second part of the post was referring to the TS because he wants a MIA neck.

Every MIA I have played has played at least on par with a MIM, usually a ton better.
Oooo, schexy!

I love maple necks, they are a hell of a lot better than rosewood, in my opinion.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Oooo, schexy!

I love maple necks, they are a hell of a lot better than rosewood, in my opinion.

Definitely. Just seems faster to me, and the look is incredible.