Ok i need to hand in an outline to my professor on the points im going to cover in the report.

So basically i need some ideas on what you guys thing would be a good thing to cover as far as metal music.

Im going to have to started thought with the history of metal,how it all started and where,when...

I got some ideas such as
-history
-fans and what it means to them
-society views on metal

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Erm how about all the killings the media linked to metal, judas priest suicides, marilyn manson school shooting thing...i'm not saying they are to blame but you get the idea

Also cover Mayhem, it will then be a lengthy report
Sig space available, give me some praise
just write about what makes it unique to any other genre
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Effects on the global society on a whole. How it brings out sweden etc to the world in a way that nothing else really has. I'm american, and i had no idea that most of the metal bands weren't either british or american
Notable bands, and subgenres, how they differ and develop, die and get revived.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
You could talk about how the roots of metal lie in blues, an inherently black form of music, and how this relates to metal as a style of music predominantly played by white pople.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Personally, I think the most interesting part of metal (culturally) is Black metal. I am not a fan of the subgenre, but the history and motives behind it are incredibly interesting.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Society tends to rely on metal, dude. It's what most cars and planes are made of.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
write about the censorship on machineheads falling around u and slayers jihad during 911

also do the do sub genres
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Also, aesthetics. It's probably the genre of music with some of the strongest aesthetics and theatrics around - from Cannibal Corpse artwork to Iron Maiden's live shows.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I wrote a paper on metal in my English class. I wrote mostly about the history of metal. It was only a ten page report though.

Anyways, the documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, and the book "Sound of The Beast: A Complete Head-Banging History Of Heavy Metal" By Ian Christe would be good things to take a look at if you're in need of sources.
write about the musical superiority to all other genres
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
Metal prodigy and virtuosity and how it is linked to the baroque and classic period metal.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
Ok i need to hand in an outline to my professor on the points im going to cover in the report.

So basically i need some ideas on what you guys thing would be a good thing to cover as far as metal music.

Im going to have to started thought with the history of metal,how it all started and where,when...

I got some ideas such as
-history
-fans and what it means to them
-society views on metal

You could start by using correct grammar and spelling.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society