Alright. I ordered some new pickups for my 6-string about 2 months ago, and they finally came in. I'll probably be swapping them out this weekend since I don't have work/school. My question is, how difficult is it to do?

I've soldered shit before, so I know that's easy enough. However, this bass has 5 tone knobs, and the pickups each only have one wire that attaches directly to the pickup (EMG-HZ45, if anyone is curious). Does that mean that I should just keep all of the original wiring between the tone knobs and replace the pickups with their wires? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Just remove the wires from the pickups and solder the corresponding ones from the new pups into exactly the same place. Nothing more should need to be done.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
So other than the pickups, none of the other wires should even need to be changed and/or tampered with? That seems pretty easy, actually.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by Hergiswi
So other than the pickups, none of the other wires should even need to be changed and/or tampered with? That seems pretty easy, actually.

That's all. Again, gm jack beats me to it.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Unless you are changing from active to passive pickups, in which case a lot of components would need to be swapped out.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1