I was thinking of getting the Epiphone SG special and repalacing the pick ups and putting a pickguard on it, or should I pay more money and get a G-400 vintage or g-310?
I would stay with the Epi and do the replacement...especially if it's going to be played and not just admired.
get the G 400 without a doubt.

the special sucks like a plastic guitar
Get the G-400 Deluxe Flametop Looks (and sounds) AWESOME!! xD
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
you would probably be better off savign and getting a higher quality instrument, as opposed to buying a low end one and adding stuff to it, my cousin once put $200 tires on her crappy car, when she went to trade it in, they would only offer her $150 for the whole car, the reason that applies to this situation is you could end up putting a lot more money into it than its worth
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Well that's pretty vague since there's tons of different Seymour Duncan pickups, some of which are great and some are... not so great...

Anyway, a stock G-400 is far better than an upgraded Special, or even an upgraded G-310. The 310 and Special aren't even made of the right wood (let alone the fact they're bolt-on construction, they have inferior tuners, inferior electronics, inferior bridges... you name it).
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Silent_Crow13

good pickups incrap guitars dont make much diffrence get the g400
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
DEFINETLY get the G-400. It's well worth it. Putting good pickups in a really shitty guitar isn't.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker