Hi guys, I've had some help from one of the managers of Mattrach to start getting some stuff going. He's been of a great help; and now I wonder.. do you think I should wait to get more songs or should I start uploading those 3 I have? The ones I have are called "Hubble", "Jason" and "Ghosts of my Haven" and can be heard on my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/prantare

What you think?

Thanks in advance guys,
Fredrik
Last edited by Braincheese at Oct 23, 2008,
1. Wrong Forum
2. Love the video
3. Upload the songs on your profile and stop advertising
4. From listening to Jason, I think you'd do good to see if you can't get someone to try singing over it and make it into a more traditional song instead of just an instrumental. I know you probably like it as an instrumental, but if you think about making such a strong progression into a traditional song, you'd see how powerful that progression could become. Then when you go into a solo break, it'll be goose-bump-inducing.
I checked all other forums; where should I ask about selling music?
And I don't have the .mp3s to upload here; only have the vids right now so I'm asking wether I should wait with the .mp3s and selling or not.

And thanks alot man. Great ideas; I'm not very familiar with singing so guess I'll have to find some wonderkid for that first. :P
try ebay
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by Braincheese
I checked all other forums; where should I ask about selling music?
And I don't have the .mp3s to upload here; only have the vids right now so I'm asking wether I should wait with the .mp3s and selling or not.

And thanks alot man. Great ideas; I'm not very familiar with singing so guess I'll have to find some wonderkid for that first. :P

Well (and don't think I'm being negative or anything, because I'm glad you bent the rules and let me hear your stuff), you'd typically post your music in the Original Recordings subforum. Yes, you asked the question in the correct forum ("what should i do about my music and selling it?"), but you also posted you music in a way that is very reminiscent of someone simply trying to show everyone their songs.

I'd definitely say you should get some more songs going, just do whatever you do to get inspired and try and pump a few more out in a few days. I know that sounds ignorant of the songwriting process, but you'd be surprised what you can do in a short period of time, especially when you're motivated to get more material together. Maybe you could try something inspired for singing while you're at it, maybe diversify a bit.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
Well (and don't think I'm being negative or anything, because I'm glad you bent the rules and let me hear your stuff), you'd typically post your music in the Original Recordings subforum. Yes, you asked the question in the correct forum ("what should i do about my music and selling it?"), but you also posted you music in a way that is very reminiscent of someone simply trying to show everyone their songs.

I'd definitely say you should get some more songs going, just do whatever you do to get inspired and try and pump a few more out in a few days. I know that sounds ignorant of the songwriting process, but you'd be surprised what you can do in a short period of time, especially when you're motivated to get more material together. Maybe you could try something inspired for singing while you're at it, maybe diversify a bit.

Great ideas.. I edited the post if people thought it was stupid.
Maybe I should just upload them and start selling now and then upload new songs as I finish them? What about that?
Well I'm not sure. Are you planning on doing some sort of online deal where people can download an mp3 for $.99? Or are you looking more toward an album that can be marketed? I think an album could profit you more, because it's more appealing as a product, but you probably know more about your goal than me.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
Well I'm not sure. Are you planning on doing some sort of online deal where people can download an mp3 for $.99? Or are you looking more toward an album that can be marketed? I think an album could profit you more, because it's more appealing as a product, but you probably know more about your goal than me.

Well uploading .mp3s for 0.89$. But hopefully an album in 5-6 years.
hey m8, you play really nice, although, the start of hubble reminds me so much the start of echoes, almost as a copy of it

Anyways, nice going, and yeah, you should try to find more people with your same taste & skills, and who know's you could be a rockstar someday

At least you have the skills, do you have the carisma, the force, and the luck to get through it?

I think i just had the skills, and i'm going to try it for last time next year, if not, music is only going to be a hobby on my life (you know, 21 and no going anywhere, is hard sometimes :P)
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by tiky
hey m8, you play really nice, although, the start of hubble reminds me so much the start of echoes, almost as a copy of it

Anyways, nice going, and yeah, you should try to find more people with your same taste & skills, and who know's you could be a rockstar someday

At least you have the skills, do you have the carisma, the force, and the luck to get through it?

I think i just had the skills, and i'm going to try it for last time next year, if not, music is only going to be a hobby on my life (you know, 21 and no going anywhere, is hard sometimes :P)

Well I'm just doing it because I like it. :-D Don't need to be a rockstar some day.
Keep trying man, don't give up your dreams. I want to be an astronaut; not going to give that up!

Never heard echoes, who wrote that?

Fredrik