has anyone ever heard of this site? its basically a place where you can upload things like videos and illustrations, and if people want to buy them they can, and you get 20% of the moneyz.

now, like most everyone Im weary of making money online, but this seems pretty legit. has anyone ever heard of this?
It is a very legit site. But you have to sell alot to get money.

They're one of the more cheaper stocksites, as some places give you 50-60%. But since everyone is buying from cheaper sites...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Heard of it. 20% probably isn't a lot. There are more sites where you can become part of a list of clients who produce stock images. But there's a knack to it....

You can't make a decent living from just stock, less so from that site.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by rigiddigits
Are you weary or wary?

I've heard of it but I haven't uploaded anything.

damn you Im German!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
You can't make a decent living from just stock, less so from that site.

Depends really. There are some guys who make a living on it because they've got so many, and good, pictures on stock sites.

There was one guy some weeks ago who sold thousands of pictures every month. He still didn't break even though because he kept taking new ones with more advanced casting and objects.
Quote by Kensai
Depends really. There are some guys who make a living on it because they've got so many, and good, pictures on stock sites.

There was one guy some weeks ago who sold thousands of pictures every month. He still didn't break even though because he kept taking new ones with more advanced casting and objects.

so he went from taking pictures of, say, trees in the breeze to taking pictures of golden mongooses?
Quote by Kensai

Eh, my course had a visit from Steve and Ann Toon and they said that no more than 20% of their money comes from stock photos. They don't belong on any of the cheaper websites either so you know
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by CoreysMonster
so he went from taking pictures of, say, trees in the breeze to taking pictures of golden mongooses?

Excactly

And those golden mongooses are real divas.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Eh, my course had a visit from Steve and Ann Toon and they said that no more than 20% of their money comes from stock photos. They don't belong on any of the cheaper websites either so you know

Oh yeaaaah? Well I had a visit from some local photographer old guy who lived off taking stock pictures.
Quote by Kensai
Oh yeaaaah? Well I had a visit from some local photographer old guy who lived off taking stock pictures.

Well.... I.... stop being so picky this evening! Sheeesh!

*mumble grumble*
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Well.... I.... stop being so picky this evening! Sheeesh!

*mumble grumble*

Just saying, it depends on how much, how good, what genre and where you sell it.

I personally wouldn't mind being able to travel where I wanted and just take pictures
Quote by Kensai
Just saying, it depends on how much, how good, what genre and where you sell it.

I personally wouldn't mind being able to travel where I wanted and just take pictures

Pretty much yeah.
But like... Steve and Ann Toon are amazing, and if what they make from Stock isn't enough to break-even... hm... oh dear

But like you said, people are going for the cheaper sites now, so it's different :/ bah!

They spend like 6 months in Africa at a time... dammit! D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Pretty much yeah.
But like... Steve and Ann Toon are amazing, and if what they make from Stock isn't enough to break-even... hm... oh dear

But like you said, people are going for the cheaper sites now, so it's different :/ bah!

They spend like 6 months in Africa at a time... dammit! D:

It's probably because they don't take very unique photos. The pictures don't fit on stocksites much either, since people who pay good money for stocks are working for newspapers/calendars/stuff. It has to stand out and be very specific sometimes.

Steve and ann's picture are more like "Ok, there's a giraffe, there's a bird, there's a hippo".
Quote by Kensai
It's probably because they don't take very unique photos. The pictures don't fit on stocksites much either, since people who pay good money for stocks are working for newspapers/calendars/stuff. It has to stand out and be very specific sometimes.

Steve and ann's picture are more like "Ok, there's a giraffe, there's a bird, there's a hippo".

Nehhh I wouldn't say that's quite true.

They showed us slides of photography they had for specific purposes and that included a section on stock and what makes a good stock image.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Nehhh I wouldn't say that's quite true.

They showed us slides of photography they had for specific purposes and that included a section on stock and what makes a good stock image.

Judging from what I've seen on their site it's pretty bland. None of that stood out to me.

Technically it's not bad, but looking through like 20+ of the pictures I don't remember a single one. For newspapers they look through hundreds of pictures daily and they really have to stand out. Money ususally isn't an issue for them so they can afford to get the best ones.
Quote by Kensai
Judging from what I've seen on their site it's pretty bland. None of that stood out to me.

Technically it's not bad, but looking through like 20+ of the pictures I don't remember a single one. For newspapers they look through hundreds of pictures daily and they really have to stand out. Money ususally isn't an issue for them so they can afford to get the best ones.

I thought that when I went on their site and had a bit of a look around but some of the images they showed us were actually amazing.

Some of them worked particularly well with humour as well.

Don't deny the mud-bathing buffalo Kjell

There's also a really good image of hyenas with a kill and they're baring their teeth... eh it made me laugh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I thought that when I went on their site and had a bit of a look around but some of the images they showed us were actually amazing.

Some of them worked particularly well with humour as well.

Don't deny the mud-bathing buffalo Kjell

There's also a really good image of hyenas with a kill and they're baring their teeth... eh it made me laugh.

Yeah that one is good, but there are plenty of funny animal pictures out there still
You'd need a buttload more.
Quote by Kensai

Yeah that one is good, but there are plenty of funny animal pictures out there still
You'd need a buttload more.

Ehh their main focus is generally animal behaviour, which is probably why it's only 20% of their income being from stock, but the stock photos they have are appropriate for the markets they generally appeal to.
I think so anyway
Quote by SteveHouse
So, does this count as a hijacked thread?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
We're talking about photographers and their stock, so no not really.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ehh their main focus is generally animal behaviour, which is probably why it's only 20% of their income being from stock, but the stock photos they have are appropriate for the markets they generally appeal to.
I think so anyway

Probably. Eitherway I'm getting an interrail card this summer ^.^