What bands do you think have had the greatest comebacks?

I would say Megadeth. They were releasing increasingly mediocre albums, losing members, and they eventually broke up. However, when they came back, they got a great lineup together, started a fine heavy metal festival and realeased some strong albums.

Also, Machinehead. They went from excellent metal to worthless mallcore, to excellent metal again.
guns and roses with chinese democracy

i kid

id say metallica
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Please no more Metallica or else the whole thread will be filled with the same answer
Quote by littleKID
Metallica after saint anger with death magnetic

death magnetic isn't produced well, being to lowd and shit.
and i personaly think that the album suck ass, the new unforgiven sucks even more.
Quote by megacyber12
death magnetic isn't produced well, being to lowd and shit.
and i personaly think that the album suck ass, the new unforgiven sucks even more.

im sick of people bad mouthing that song

ITS GOOD WHY IS IT NOT IN YOUR BOOK
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Judas Priest.
Painkiller is ****ing amazing.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
death magnetic was not a good comeback, just because it sucked less than st. anger doesn't make it not suck
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
I would say Death Megnetic is a pile of hot, steaming dogshit compared to their classics.
Im not to sure about this one but ACDC because when Bon Scott died most people thought it was the end of ACDC but when they hired Brian Johnson they made some great albums and personally i think they became better and yes i would also say RHCP, Aerosmith oh and also Van Halen now because ive read that apparently there amazing now that they have David Lee Roth back.
Iron Maidens "Brave New World", "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Life and Death" were huge considering the slump they were in the 90s with Bruce Dickenson and Adrian Smith gone.
cynic. FIFTEEN YEARS!!!
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
metallica after st anger with death magnetic

and chilis,, more specifically frusciante
Quote by ulique
weezer with the red album.

What? that had one single and it got played for about a month where as the last album they put out had like three singles and was on the radio for so ****ing long, but yeah red is a pretty decent album.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
What? that had one single and it got played for about a month where as the last album they put out had like three singles and was on the radio for so ****ing long, but yeah red is a pretty decent album.

yeah, but it didn't really feel like weezer. the new record feels more like a weezer record.
Quote by Chop_Suey92
I would say Death Megnetic is a pile of hot, steaming dogshit compared to their classics.

I agree, but a bunch of 40+ year old metalheads with families and childrenm will never produce that same energy fueled thrashy metal a bunch of drunk/stoned/trippin 20yo will.

Think, comparing their new work to their old work is like comparing Silver to Platinum. Silver is worth alot less more, but it's still pretty shit hot.

P.S Sorry, my rant has nothing to do with this thread.

I have to agree with Machine Head for comebacks