It can do it but it's definitely pushing it.

Search for Rob Chapman (RobChappers) video on youtube about demonstrating the Orange amps at full volume, the tiny terror is the last one he demos, it can keep up, but not much more.
Yes, it can cut through the mix, but I'd say you'd need at least a 212 Cab. 412 would be best.

And don't expect it to be clean, at all.
^speakers don't make a difference. The 1x12 cab should be plenty. The amp and the efficiency of the speakers determines the volume, not how many speakers you have.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^speakers don't make a difference. The 1x12 cab should be plenty. The amp and the efficiency of the speakers determines the volume, not how many speakers you have.

Yeah I know.
Just listening to Chappers, he suggested a PPC212 with a Tiny Terror, but a 112 will work for you as well.
I dont think you could make it above a drum. I had a hard time with a rocker 30 to get above the drums, when our drummer was whacking his drum like a madman.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The rocker 30 cranked would only be about 3dbs louder than the TT, the extra wattage is pretty much just for headroom.
Quote by LP_CL
I dont think you could make it above a drum. I had a hard time with a rocker 30 to get above the drums, when our drummer was whacking his drum like a madman.

you must be doing it wrong
If I could get above my old drummer with a Marshall MG15CD I'm pretty sure you'd be able to do so with a Tiny Terror.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I think you could. I could get over a drummer with my 10W Peavey Backstage.
I had it cranked right up though. New amp is definately on my Christmas list.

Not too sure what I should get though. I know nothing about tubes (what their maximim capacity is, what they can take, what they can't, when or how to replace them, and with what kind) though that would be a perfect sound, don't know whether to go Solid State (everything looks WAY too digital for me), and how much wattage.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Last edited by Rocker_94 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Kevin Saale

doubling the speakers adds 3db sound pressure level, same as increasing speaker sensitivity by 3db
Quote by ClementWave
you must be doing it wrong

Nope, just a loud drummer. If you hit the drums hard, 30W tubes is barely enough.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by pak1351
doubling the speakers adds 3db sound pressure level, same as increasing speaker sensitivity by 3db

Ok, so almost nothing.
^+ 3 db per speaker is noticable. If you put on a 412 that already makes +9 dB. Thats quite something.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Nope, just a loud drummer. If you hit the drums hard, 30W tubes is barely enough.

There is def something wrong if you can't easily push 30 tube watts over a drummer??
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
^i always heard it was +3dB pze speaker...
^^ no, nothing wrong. A working rocker 30 head on a 212 1936 cab. No effects.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL

Seriously, there must be something wrong with you if you cant get that over a drummer. I can get an MG15 laying around in our garage over a loud drummer.
Quote by LP_CL

Quote by ClementWave
Seriously, there must be something wrong with you if you cant get that over a drummer. I can get an MG15 laying around in our garage over a loud drummer.

Clement is right. You have a problem if you can't get over your drummer with 30 watts tube, unless you have several drummers at once and you're trying to play death metal.

I played a tiny terror today only on 7 watts(+ 412), and with the volume at one and gain floored, it was getting loud.
Just curious, but who the Hell buys a Tiny Terror for its cleans anyway?
Quote by noobguy
Just curious, but who the Hell buys a Tiny Terror for its cleans anyway?

Who said anything about that, all I mentioned is he probably wouldn't have cleans at those volumes.