Page 1 of 2
I'm finding that I want to play bass less and less in a band situation, and I want to play drums.

Only thing is that I'm trying to set up a band, with no drummer, and the guitarist I'm playing with says that I might be better off on drums gigging wise.

IS it worth dropping my main instrument just for gigs? Should I go along with my heart to drum?
If you really want to play that instrument yes. You don't have to drop playing bass dude. If your going to be serious about it, don't buy a crappy $200-$300 set. In the long run, a more expensive one wont come back to bit you in the ass.
Quote by KnownUnknown
If you really want to play that instrument yes. You don't have to drop playing bass dude. If your going to be serious about it, don't buy a crappy $200-$300 set. In the long run, a more expensive one wont come back to bit you in the ass.

I've got my kit...
Try it out first (at your local centre, on a mate's kit) and keep at it for a few months.
You'll know then.
Sometimes I curse the day I dropped my sticks for a guitar, others I don't. Maybe it's just a phase.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
If you want to drum, drum.
Drums can become your main instrument
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I'm in the same situation kinda, I do lead guitars but I wanna do vocals to (can't do both at same time, I phail) . Therefore I'm joining another band alongside
There's no point doing somehting if your heart's not in it, so drum if that's what you want to do.
Just remember, if you go for drumming, you won't get as much vagoo
ohai little sig.
Quote by minibrowny

'Nuff said.

And you don't have to 'quit' bass, by any means.
There is no law that says you can only play one kind of instrument. Play drums in this band, play bass at home. Or with another project.
Spiral Out
Quote by minibrowny

This. Drumming is so much fun.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by HumanitysDeath
'Nuff said.

And you don't have to 'quit' bass, by any means.
There is no law that says you can only play one kind of instrument. Play drums in this band, play bass at home. Or with another project.

*lightbulb moment*

I've just thought...I can play in the worship team as bassist and as a drummer in this band/
Drumming is damn fun.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm finding that I want to play bass less and less in a band situation, and I want to play drums.

Only thing is that I'm trying to set up a band, with no drummer, and the guitarist I'm playing with says that I might be better off on drums gigging wise.

IS it worth dropping my main instrument just for gigs? Should I go along with my heart to drum?

I played bass in a band and got proper bored of it. IF YOU WANA DRUM DO IT MAN
I say go for it

I've always found drums more fun to play.
I find myself sort of thirsty at times. Should I get up from my chair and get some water or something?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I feel guilty about dropping my bass though...

Don't feel guilty. Your bass will understand. Being a bass it obviously loves funk. Who is a bass' best friend in funk? Drums. She will realize how necessary drums are and understand that you may want to give drums a try. Basses get a lot of shit flung at them, they have become an understanding lot.
Quote by Xiaoxi
I find myself sort of thirsty at times. Should I get up from my chair and get some water or something?

If you want to drink, drink. It doesn't mean you can't be thirsty. Just drink water with this band and be thirsty at home or with another project. I know, you can drink water in this band and be thirsty in the worship team!
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Don't feel guilty. Your bass will understand. Being a bass it obviously loves funk. Who is a bass' best friend in funk? Drums. She will realize how necessary drums are and understand that you may want to give drums a try. Basses get a lot of shit flung at them, they have become an understanding lot.

I love you!
Quote by Beakwithteeth
If you want to drink, drink. It doesn't mean you can't be thirsty. Just drink water with this band and be thirsty at home or with another project. I know, you can drink water in this band and be thirsty in the worship team!

Thank you so much, o wise one!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by minibrowny

Thread should've ended here. Is it even worth asking the question?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Thread should've ended here. Is it even worth asking the question?

Yes, because I've been playing bass for two years and drums for 3 months. I'm now faced with a band situation and I need help.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Yes, because I've been playing bass for two years and drums for 3 months. I'm now faced with a band situation and I need help.

Why? Do you have to give up the bass completely? You haven't even been playing that long...
Quote by Kensai
Why? Do you have to give up the bass completely? You haven't even been playing that long...

She just likes to make threads bitching about every trivial aspect of her life.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Replace the drums with tiny children strapped in place and hit them instead. Surefire win. And they make a fairly nice, resonant sound when you do blastbeats.
Quote by Kensai

Two years is a long time in my book.
Quote by Kensai

uhuh.
People are weird.
Your bass isn't going to accuse you of cheating and not let you play it anymore.

My guitars haven't left me because I dabble in other instruments...

Quote by Xiaoxi
She just likes to make threads bitching about every trivial aspect of her life.

~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
uhuh.

People are weird.
Your bass isn't going to accuse you of cheating and not let you play it anymore.

I also have multiple basses....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I also have multiple basses....

Polygamist.

Actually, if you're a polygamist, you might as well try inter-instrumental polygamy.

Or should the sons and daughters of Israel not lie with a drum as they would with a bass?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Don't worry, I finger them all equally.

What do you..
Wait, are you suggesting...

:3 U naughty little girl.
Quote by Domino
uhuh.
People are weird.

Normally I'd say "Yeah sure" but in my case, since I stopped playing the bass and started playing the guitar and piano I've been attacked by my bass on several occassions. Last time it landed on my foot.

I'm scared of what might happen if I stop playing the piano.
Quote by LordBishek
What do you..
Wait, are you suggesting...

:3 U naughty little girl.

Thank you for the best laugh all day!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Being a drummer means I will improve my skilling at banging stuff!

>_>

You're a dirty, dirty little girl, Elizabeth.
You don't have to drop your instrument to drum. I practice both guitar and drums.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Page 1 of 2