The answers weren't in my book and couldnt find on google, so if anyone could answer these that'd be awesome

What's a 527 ad? (ad, not A.D. here's an example, I just dont know what it is exactly http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=527%20ad&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#)
What were 4 ways states used to deny the right to vote for minorities?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Last edited by Monolith295 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Monolith295
The answers weren't in my book and couldnt find on google, so if anyone could answer these that'd be awesome

What's a 527 ad?
What were 4 ways states used to deny the right to vote for minorities?

for the second question...

I think it was Alabama that used the 'Grandfather Clause' which meant 'everyone' could vote, as long as their grandfather was eligible to vote in his day, which ruled out 95% of the African American population.

Thats one for you...ill dig up some more if you need them
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Are you serious? 527 AD, 527th year of the Common Era.
Ad. As in an ad. Not A.D. It's some kind of political ad. And thanks Supertait.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
1They required them to be able to read - this was uncommon for along time amongst black peope, for obvious reasons
2. they required them to not have criminal records which, again, with jim crow laws was very hard for a black person

I can't quite remember, but I believe there was something to do with trick questions. Like, they'd ask them questions they couldn't answer and then say they weren't eligible vote, you'd have to look that up though.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Are you serious? 527 AD, 527th year of the Common Era.

That's not it, A.D, as you say it, is Anno Domini, it means "In the year of our Lord". Or basically, the years after Jesus was born.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
CE (common era) is how people say A.D. when they don't want to say 'in the year of our lord' which is fair enough when you're not religious and obviously don't think this is the year of any lord.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Poll taxes.

A 527 ad is an advertisement by a PAC for or against a particular issue or individual. It's name comes from section 527 of the Federal Code. It is a loophole that allows political parties to get around reporting campaign contributions.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by meh!
CE (common era) is how people say A.D. when they don't want to say 'in the year of our lord' which is fair enough when you're not religious and obviously don't think this is the year of any lord.

A true point, I'm not devoutly religous. I'm not religious at all, but I prefer A.D instead of CE.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here