Hi all

So I hav got rid off the excess noise with fret hand muting wetc, but I am finding that i cna;t seem to get good vibrato or long one out of my slide. Now I am not the best slide player, so i think there is some "woodshedding" to be done, but I read that thicker slides give better vibrato and tone, leading to my next question.

Should I get a thicker slide. Currently I have a bronze slide, about 1mm thick that I use on the acoustic, and a glass slide, about 3mm thick for the electric. I had been thinking that pwerhaps a thicker slide would give me a better tone and also better vibrato, what do you think?
Raise yer action, also, try a thicker slide. Slides are cheap, you can never try too many. I have the thickest pyrex slide dunlop makes, more for durability than anything (I'm good for dropping the buggers)
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Raise yer action, also, try a thicker slide. Slides are cheap, you can never try too many. I have the thickest pyrex slide dunlop makes, more for durability than anything (I'm good for dropping the buggers)

Thanks man, I had thought about the action, but as I only have one acoustic and one electric, I didn';t want to raise em too much cause slide isn't my main style, although the acoustic has reasonably high action (not deliberate lol)

Sounds good though, as does pyrex, I drop the buggers too! I didn't know the action had an effect on the vibrato of it, learn something new everyday. I agree, never enouhg slides, partly cause they are never around when you need one!
It'll help give you sustain, which should help with the vibrato. Also, with the electric, try using some gain, I use a fair amount of gain when I slide and I get good sustain which makes vibrato louder. When you get some feedback involved it gets that much easier.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not