I've been looking at amps lately, and I came across this one: http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-52-AT-100-100W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-with-Tri-Mode-Rectifier-102919289-i1145577.gc

Can anybody tell me about this amp? It seems way too good for the price. I saw some Youtube demos and loved the sound. It fits my playing style just about perfectly. However, I haven't ever heard anyone talking about them. Do they suck for some reason, or are they just not popular yet?

If they suck, are there any other amps with similar sound/features/prices?

Also, could somebody tell me if it's possible to let a tube amp's true greatness shine out at low volumes? I know you have to crank them up to do that, but I heard of some kind of thing to get around that... any info there?

Thanks in advance.
They aren't bad, I assume you're playing metal? Maybe take a look at the bugeras and the randall rg50tc, the mesa f and dc series would also be a good bet if you can go used.

You're thinking of an attenuator, but for metal I don't think you'll need it. Those amps should sound fine at lower volumes, although any amp will sound better when its turned up a bit.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
It's not the same as the one you are looking at but I have a B52 ST6012 combo and I love it. It does everything I need it to do. The only issue is that the gain channels just don't sound the way I'd like. I know a few people who have B52 amps and love them. Go try it out if you can that way you can mess with settings and hear it in person.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
the b52 at100 is a very undernoted amp in the tube amp world. I owned a b52 at100 halfstack for awhile and it was really good for the money. Definitely change the stock china tubes out of it for something better. I changed them out for tungsol's and the amp really came alive. I think you can get a halfstack for a 1000 at gc now. Overall its a awesome tube amp for the price
that amp is superduperf*ckingbeautifully awesome
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
That amp is one of the better amps in it's price range. A local group here in Kentucky has one, and it does just about everything. If I'm not mistaken, which I usually am, I think that line of amps is actually comparable to an affordable version of Mesas.

I dunno. Personally, I love that amp and would recommend it to just about anyone. Just try it out and see if you like it.