So today after work my boss all of a sudden starts bitching about my lip ring
which i got last thursday..

So heres my reason why this is ridiculous

He's forcing me to take it out on every jobsite, even when there is no people.

I'm not even legally employed with him

And just today we have a company policy about it, which no one knows about, and he shoulda given it to me when i started working.

Now i'm not one to worry that much about a lip ring, but i am acting on principle
and i think he cannot force me to take it out.

Dont I have rights in this case ?

I live in ontario btw.

Thanks
Quote by IwantaTele
YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS! your canadian

wtf? and I don't know, where do you work?
No, you don't.
Lip ring + work = Fail.
Believe me

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Get a job at Hot Topic?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Your employer has the right to enforce, basically, any dress code he/she deems fit. Regardless of whether you think your way makes you look cool or not.
Quote by IwantaTele
uhm i dont work. i play football thats enough work for me.

Cool story bro.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by simonzwaan

And just today we have a company policy about it, which no one knows about, and he shoulda given it to me when i started working.

Now i'm not one to worry that much about a lip ring, but i am acting on principle

I live in ontario btw.

Thanks

Is his choice if he wants to bring in company policy, and at the end of the day, if you are not legally employed, no you dont have rights.
Take it out and make some money and lose the lame fashion idea at the same time? Sounds like a good deal to me.
no rights.
i'd say take it out, or try and compromise with a clear/plastic/glass ring?
or get a bar and put that through but with no ball on the outside, virtually invisible.
Quote by aznrockerdude
Get a job at Hot Topic?

They don't like me there... I guess I'm too different for Hot Topic.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
They don't like me there... I guess I'm too different for Hot Topic.

Too different for Hot Topic? How can that be?

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
lip rings are for girls so take it out and be a man
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
You're a man and you have a lip ring? That's a little gay, dude.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by pawm24
Too different for Hot Topic? How can that be?

I'm not emo

they all claim to be non-conformists and then do the same thing. God I hate it
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I'm not emo

they all claim to be non-conformists and then do the same thing. God I hate it

Oh. Just wear something black and have a **** face all day long.
Or take the ring off.

I'm a GIRL!
Quote by IwantaTele
YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS! your canadian

haha

But seriously there might be a reason for him not wanting you to wear it. I don't know what your job is but if a customer saw it they might find it repulsive and if your job is more manual labour then it might be a health and safety breach.
My coach started griping the other day about how long my hair was. Well, I'm not in sports p.e. so I don't have to have short hair like all the other preppy guys at my school. I should of said "You ever seen a 14 year old metal head with short hair?"

But I'd be too afraid too. He'd make me do pushups.

Anyways, if it's against the rules then yeah you should take it out. But if not then I don't see where that can be a problem with it.
Quote by justin129
My coach started griping the other day about how long my hair was. Well, I'm not in sports p.e. so I don't have to have short hair like all the other preppy guys at my school. I should of said "You ever seen a 14 year old metal head with short hair?"

But I'd be too afraid too. He'd make me do pushups.

Anyways, if it's against the rules then yeah you should take it out. But if not then I don't see where that can be a problem with it.

Now that IS stupid. You should have said 'No, I would rather not make myself attractive to you like all the other dudes in this class'.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
You have no rights.

EDIT: Beating to it. Damnit

Ewwwwwwwwww, freak.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

You've gotta take out your piercings at a job. Or else, your boss will screw you.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by simonzwaan

health and safety possibly, it's not always about image.

ever see many builders wearing rings?

so let me get this straight, he's paying you money which you don't have to pay tax on in return for your services but this is off the records? he now wants you to take out a lip ring?

if you had read the company policies it'd probably have a disclaimer about 'policies are subject to change' etc.

you're right, he can't force you to take it out. that'd be assault/battery.

no. you're not legally employed so he can stop paying you whenever he wants for any reason he wants. he can't force you to take the lip ring out but if you want him to continue giving you money, I'd comply with his wishes.

at the end of the day, it's down to what you value more. your lip ring or money.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
idk, if you're not an official employee then it shouldn't be a big deal, though since you're not official he can just "fire" you without a reason.

i work at a grocery store, and there are a couple of people who have lip rings, but when they work they use really small, clear plastic ones. my boss doesn't care about those since they're hard to notice.
You live in Canada.
Remember. No form of authority can do anything to anyone in our glorious country.