How's it going UG? I'm selling all 3 of my guitars and planning to get one guitar with the cash I get from my current 3 guitars. At the moment I'm really interested in the ESP Horizon series, mainly the NTII, so I had a few questions.

I was wondering what would be my alternatives to this guitar in under a 2000$ USD price range, I'm looking for something neck-thru and string thru (out of all the guitars I've owned, this set up has fitted my playing style the most). I've looked at a few Ibanez Prestiges, and Jacksons, not too impressed, but maybe I'm missing something, please feel free to make suggestions.

Anyone have a NTII that could share somethings with me, like: How happy are you with it, what other guitars were you considering besides this guitar? Where you picked it up, how much it costed (I've seen quite the range of prices for these all over the internet)? And anything else you'd want to tell me about it.

Just to give you an idea, I play a lot of metal with quite a bit of solo'ing so a fast neck is key here, the string through/neckthrough design helps with the tons of sustain and feel, I'd like this guitar to be somewhat versatile too, incase my tastes change in 5 years kind of thing, so probably wont end up going EMG's with this one.

Thanks in advance for any input guys, I'm pretty stoked to be getting a new high end axe, and want to consider all of my options first. Have a good one!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
If you can get the Marty Friedman signature from Japan, they're amazing guitars. I got one, and it's one of my most used and favorite guitars. Otherwise, baisically any Jackson made before 1997 is amazing for Metal. Personally, my best achievment yet is a 1994 Jackson Kelly KE-1, mod'd with a new pickup slow (Came with bridge only). If you can get your hands on one, I suggest you do and never let go.

Best. Guitar. Ever.

Oh, but if you can't get an older model, get an Ibanez, or stick with ESP.

Most guitar companys are going down pretty badly in quality.
Last edited by V.U.K at Oct 23, 2008,
Yeaah I've noticed the new lines from a lot of these companies seem to be going down hill quality wise, its kind of bumming me out too. Thats why the Horizon is so appealing to me, its one of the few new guitars that are still totally worth the $$$.
I'll take a look around for an older model jackson, see what I can find. I have a 1990 Ibanez RG760 MIJ, its wonderful, my favorite part about it is the wizard 1 neck, ohh man that thing is fast.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded