Voters: 139.
Page 1 of 2
No. No and no.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Sure. I mean, what's wrong with discriminating against people that are different from us?
So... I'm voting "no" based on what you said.

But the article implies somthing kind of different. What exactly makes this school special? The article seems to say that it's just a school trying to make a "gay-friendly" atmosphere. You make it sound like it's a school to segregate gay and straight kids.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 23, 2008,
No dude, that would mean the lesbians would have to leave too!
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Lol. No.

EDIT: You need to be more clear. Unless you are gay then you don't know how unwelcoming the rest of the world appears.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Last edited by MedicreDemon at Oct 23, 2008,
Hold on...
what you said is completely different to what the article says.
Way to skew the results!
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Absolutely not. Segregation has been tried and it doesn't work, whether it be for race, religion, sexual preference, etc.

People are different. It's what makes our world go 'round. If you don't like, or don't agree with them, just don't associate with them.

Edit: Hmm...I posted before reading the article

I see no real problem with this. Education in any form is never bad. You can learn something from almost everybody on the planet.

To quote Aristotle: "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Last edited by GitfiddleNinjer at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Flying Couch
So... I'm voting "no" based on what you said.

But the article implies somthing kind of different. What exaclty makes this school special?

Its supposed to provide a safe haven for GLBT students but will be open to all other students as well. Also to add in "Gay Heroes" into the curriculum, to supposedly give them role models. I just think the whole idea is ridiculous.
H e l l o .
Dude my school is filled to the ****ing brim with gays, lesbians etc. Nobody seems to care.
I don't see why you would. A lot of them are pretty cool. (although some are just annoying)
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
How about we start a few black high schools too? Black students generally have a higher dropout rate, so why not put them into a separate school that is more black-friendly?

Oh wait, they already tried that. They called it segregation, right?
kill all humans
I don't think it's necessarily a segregated gay high school, I think it's more of a "if you're gay and don't want to get your ass kicked in public school, come here" type of high school.
CHICAGO - Chicago Public Schools has delayed a vote on a proposal to open a "gay-friendly" high school that will weave gay and lesbian "heroes" into its curriculum.

Like Xena the warrior princess?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't think this is that bad, it's a gay-friendly school, not strictly gay nor is it mandatory. I really don't see anything wrong with it...

Edit:
Quote by alaskan_ninja
How about we start a few black high schools too? Black students generally have a higher dropout rate, so why not put them into a separate school that is more black-friendly?

Oh wait, they already tried that. They called it segregation, right?

Segregation was mandatory at the time, if you were black, you had to go to another school. This is another option if you don't want to be persecuted.
but my best friends are lesbians, that would suck if they were segregated...
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I wonder how they prove it.....
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm not a homophobe. I don't support these schools for the reasons that other people have said. Its segregating kids, and there saying its supposed to be a safe haven. Well school already is supposed to be one. I think they should just start focusing on the schools they have and improving them instead of just making new ones to make kids feel like there wrong for their sexual orientation.
H e l l o .
Quote by Kensai

No, like Ellen DeGeneres.

Silly Goose.

I agree with all the segregation comments 100%
██████████████████████████████
I think there should be a more accepting atmosphere for gay and lesbians... but I don't think they should purposely integrate gays and lesbians into the curriculum, however, if there is a politician who happens to be gay and students learn about him, that's fine.. That's only because I don't think your sexual preference matters ..I've met nice gay people, rude gay people, nice straight people, and rude straight people... The only thing that I would like to see in schools is that there's a no tolerance policy for bullying - period. Not only gay/lesbian bashing(bullying), but with everyone as well..
to create a school that's exclusive for gays could be bad, it would be like creating one for whites or blacks or whatever, unless it's a private school. private schools can do whatever they want, though they can't be purely exclusive unless it's an all boys/ all girls school.

if one were to create a public school which was for gays only, then next thing you know all the gay kids are getting hazed and forced to move to the gay schools.
It'd be easier for them to find other guys/girls.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by _testament_
I think there should be a more accepting atmosphere for gay and lesbians... but I don't think they should purposely integrate gays and lesbians into the curriculum, however, if there is a politician who happens to be gay and students learn about him, that's fine.. That's only because I don't think your sexual preference matters ..I've met nice gay people, rude gay people, nice straight people, and rude straight people... The only thing that I would like to see in schools is that there's a no tolerance policy for bullying - period. Not only gay/lesbian bashing(bullying), but with everyone as well..

Agreed.
H e l l o .
I don't see any problem with it. It's not even a 'gay school' that's just a typical American way of labelling it. How would it segregate anyone? It's a way of making their struggle more realised within society which can surely only be a good thing.
Quote by irishpyro11
i don't think many people read the article

Never mind like four posts calling TS out on being misleading in the first post...

Quote by Orbit91
Anyone else noticed the rising amount Bisexuals in recent years?

Depends on what you mean.

If you mean in the general populace, as relative to say 1960, then it's not a matter of there being more - it's a matter of them being more open about it. Just like gay people.

If you mean within high school kids... well, that's because they're high school kids. I'd hazard a guess that there aren't really that many more, it's just that teenagers are ridiculous.
Quote by Orbit91
Anyone else noticed the rising amount Bisexuals in recent years?

Its a trend, my friend. Kids these days

And no, this is a bad idea for so many reasons.
Trick question, all high schools are gay.

If someone is messing with someone else for being gay, they're the ones that need to be removed, not the gay student who hasen't done anything other then be honest with themself.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Kensai

and Ellen.

EDIT:

Quote by Ralbert07
No, like Ellen DeGeneres.

Silly Goose.

I agree with all the segregation comments 100%

Great minds and all that....
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
How about a school for people who like cheese!

No, No, and still no.

Schools are not there to teach morals.
Nah, man, **** that.

"Gay Friendly" is great, it's just that you shouldn't have to go to a specific school to get it.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Nah, man, **** that.

"Gay Friendly" is great, it's just that you shouldn't have to go to a specific school to get it.

Again. Agreed.
H e l l o .
Quote by Erik_Aero
U dun want no geyhs in yer skool guyz. cum on.

LOL u sed Cum
What if I want to go to that school? They can't like turn me away 'cause I'm straight, can they? It'd be discrimination if they did. They'd ask me why I would wanna go there and I'd be like "You have a good cooking program!!!!!"

EDIT: didn't read the article. oh well, my joke's still funny.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Society has a long way to go.

I wouldn't allow a gay only high school becuase we live in a time where intolerance and ignorance should of died.
Last edited by Graveworm at Oct 23, 2008,
Page 1 of 2