I have an Oxford interview for Chemistry next week (I'm an International applicant), and I'm not really sure what to expect. I know it will be largely curriculum based, but beyond that...no idea.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?
Quote by Stoner0405
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's an enormous ego that needs to be stroked.

Sorry, I never made it to college. Thanks for rubbing it in.

Think your name and avatar has something to do with it?
Uh, I can't see why it'd be any different from any other good top schools. So I'd assume they'd ask you about yourself (specifically personality, schools are big on leaders for some reason as well as hard workers. Even if you claim to be a leader and really are spineless, they like that), your goals, your interests, your achievements, your extracurricular activities, your community service, etc. Basically why you think you should be accepted.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by mynameisbatman
Think your name and avatar has something to do with it?

haha, good call.

I had an interview at Cambridge (better Universtiy )

It all 90% curriculum based, with a formal interview with 2 lecturers, and the big boss. Pretty scary stuff but its not dissimilar to a job interview.

I didn't get in.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Yes, I got an interview (got an offer as well , but didn't quite get the grades )

Anyway, i think a lot of subjects have exam type things, mine didn't though, I just had 2 interviews (at different colleges) They were quite technically based, like they would go through a few questions and I would tell them how I would go about solving each part etc.

My tip: If they ask you what parts of your course you find difficult, tell 'em something you're good at, because the chances are they'll ask you a question on it and when you get it right you'll look good
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Stoner0405
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's an enormous ego that needs to be stroked.

Sorry, I never made it to college. Thanks for rubbing it in.

it took me a minute to read that, since it wa surrounded by dancing pot leaves

and to ts, ive never been to an interview(im 16) but lie your ass off, what could go wrong?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Random88

My tip: If they ask you what parts of your course you find difficult, tell 'em something you're good at, because the chances are they'll ask you a question on it and when you get it right you'll look good

That's a pretty good idea.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X