so i just got a fender fv3 electric violin in the mail but when i plug it into my guitar amp theres this bad buzzing like an ungrounded amp but when i turn the volume up on the violin the buzzing volume goes up which makes me think it's the violin. it also goes away when i touch the metal part of the wire at the end. would you guys say this is a problem w/ the violin or the amp or the grounding or what?
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
Quote by Ghold125
sounds like a shielding problem

what's that?
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
It helps shield the electrical components within the guitar from other frequencies that would produce hum.
it's not shielding, it's a grounding issue. i had the same problem happen with my guitar two weeks ago. I was lucky, the bad wire was right on the input jack. Somewhere there'll be a bad connection in your guitar, just touch up the wiring.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
my friend's does that. a noise gate works for him. it's an issue with all of the cheaper eltric violins. ones that don't do that cost alot more.