Quote by MichaelOfCanton
what do you need borax ie cheap ass laundry detergant for?

guitar swirling...
Quote by TheTripleThreat
i used to work at home depot and they have it

home depot just closed recently
Any drug store should have it too. If you're looking for purity, you might find it under it's common industrial name - Boric Anhydride.

Careful with it. It may seem innocuous.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath.
Ingestion:
Causes irritation to the gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Skin Contact:
Causes irritation to skin. Symptoms include redness, itching, and pain.
Eye Contact:
Causes irritation, redness, and pain.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Any drug store should have it too. If you're looking for purity, you might find it under it's common industrial name - Boric Anhydride.

Careful with it. It may seem innocuous.

Potential Health Effects
----------------------------------

Inhalation:
Causes irritation to the respiratory tract. Symptoms may include coughing, shortness of breath.
Ingestion:
Causes irritation to the gastrointestinal tract. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Skin Contact:
Causes irritation to skin. Symptoms include redness, itching, and pain.
Eye Contact:
Causes irritation, redness, and pain.

ok, thanks, i thought it was sodium borate tho?
Quote by metal9876
ok, thanks, i thought it was sodium borate tho?

Ah, you are in fact looking for that particular salt of Boric Acid? Fair enough, I thought you were simply looking to create a Boric Acid solution. Same health concerns apply, but a drug store should have the Borax flakes (yes, you're right, one of the forms of it is sodium borate), as well as Boric Acid (used years ago by bowling alleys to disinfect shoes), and probably Boric Anhydride, which is the form I use at work frequently to simulate the full power Xenon load when starting one of the reactors up after a prolonged shutdown during which the Xenon has decayed.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Vulcan
Ah, you are in fact looking for that particular salt of Boric Acid? Fair enough, I thought you were simply looking to create a Boric Acid solution. Same health concerns apply, but a drug store should have the Borax flakes (yes, you're right, one of the forms of it is sodium borate), as well as Boric Acid (used years ago by bowling alleys to disinfect shoes), and probably Boric Anhydride, which is the form I use at work frequently to simulate the full power Xenon load when starting one of the reactors up after a prolonged shutdown during which the Xenon has decayed.

ah, ok, thought so, thanks for the info