Yo,
I really want to get a semi-hollow body guitar, but I'd rather not get one of the epiphones. I just don't like them. :/
I saw some dude playing a semi-hollow guitar by "Columbus", but I can't find anything on them. :/
So, does anyone have a good suggestion? I'm kinda low on money, so my limit would have to be around $300. I play blues, and rock if it helps.
Thanks for any help.
Ibanez Artcore guitars are great and decently priced. i got asf75td or something idk it has tremelo bar on it and i love it.
Quote by punkrockdude2
Ibanez Artcore guitars are great and decently priced. i got asf75td or something idk it has tremelo bar on it and i love it.

THanks. Yes, I did check that one out. It looks pretty bad ass. I don't use a tremelo bar, so it doesn't matter much to me.
Anything else?
What are you playing on it? That'll help us narrow it down, but for now, look into Epiphones, Ibanez Artcores, Hamers, regardless of style.
Quote by Flying Couch
What are you playing on it? That'll help us narrow it down, but for now, look into Epiphones, Ibanez Artcores, Hamers, regardless of style.

I play rock, blues, and a little punk.
I'm not all that impressed with the epiphones, the Ibanez look pretty decent, and I haven't checked out Hamers yet. I'll go do that.
At that price Hamer, Epiphone, and Ibanez are basically your only options. Why don't you like the Epiphones? Oh, and is it possible you could save up a while longer and get something better for $500 or so?
Quote by Nightfyre
At that price Hamer, Epiphone, and Ibanez are basically your only options. Why don't you like the Epiphones? Oh, and is it possible you could save up a while longer and get something better for $500 or so?

Eh, I was hoping somebody knew about Columbus guitars.
I tried the Epiphone out at the store, and I just didn't like it. It may have been the amp, but to me, it just sounded like I was repeatedly shooting a duck.
I'll probably stick with the Ibanez, as I kinda need it soon. D:
Quote by St. Jimmy189
Eh, I was hoping somebody knew about Columbus guitars.
I tried the Epiphone out at the store, and I just didn't like it. It may have been the amp, but to me, it just sounded like I was repeatedly shooting a duck.
I'll probably stick with the Ibanez, as I kinda need it soon. D:

Did you EQ it like you would a solidbody? That could be your problem, I've never heard any semi-hollow's tone described like that.
my epiphone dot sounds decent

i would save up around 100-200$ dollars and get a grestch g5120
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC