NEED NEW GUITAR & AMP. k heres my story. About a year ago, i bought a strat because i thought they were nice. I liked playing clean music, (chili peppers, bob marley, some jazz). My amp is a shitty Spider III 15W. All of a sudden, i've had a unquenchable thirst for some metal. Ive been listening to tons of Between the Buried And Me, and i really like the way humbuckers sound. Plus my single coils just can't handle distortion that well. So, i was thinking of buying a shred machine, such as: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-S2170FB-S-Prestige-Series-Electric-Guitar-with-Figured-Bubinga-Top-103654455-i1323391.gc I was also looking at some Jacksons and at the Ibanez RG prestige series. I want a GOOD one lol. Money is not really an issue for me at the moment, but right now thats about as much as i'll pay for a guitar. So can someone help me with these: -New amp for my new shred machine (preferable tube) -New shred machine -good distortion pedal? -diference between RG prestige and S prestige? which ones better for metaly stuff?
get a new amp, put a humbucker in the bridge of the strat,

and learn how to make a new paragraph.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well basically an RG is like a little bit thicker like most guitars while the S series tapers off to end up being REALLY thin on the sides

the area where your chest is is thinner and your leg area
Quote by AA00P
Forget genres, the real conflict is in the subgenres.

"LOLZ UR MOOSICZ NOT BROOTALZ ENOUGH ITS SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACK METAL NOT SYMPHONIC MELODIC ATMOSPHERIC BLACKENED DEATH METAL CHUG-CORE LOLZ!!!"
Hi-Gain tube amp is a must. Look at brands like Mesa/Boogie, Peavey, Randall, or Krank. Peavey XXX or 6505 are good deals. Likewise, look at Mesa Dual Rectifiers or Mark IVs.

Guitar-wise, you can look at ESP, Ibanez, or Jackson. Just look for something with a Mahogany body and humbuckers such as Seymour Duncans or EMGs. Things that can handle high gain well.
Get a Peavey, Randall or Mesa/Boogie amp. Preferably a 6505+ head and some kind of cab. For the guitar, go RG Prestige, or a Jackson Soloist. Both are MIJ, which is the best foreign place to have your guitar made.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
A really good guitar is an Ibanez sa 260FM ;D
Quote by angusfan16
I got ass-raped but your story beats mine.

My Gear:
Ibanez SA 240FM
Marshall Modell 8100
Paragraphs. Do them.

Any guitar can play any style of music. The tone comes from your fingers and to a lesser degree, your amp.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play