Page 1 of 2
does anyone else think that the daily show just isn't funny? My roommates think that he is hilarious and I've tried to laugh, but I just don't think he's funny at all. Am I the only one?
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Yep. Jon Stewart is the man.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i know what you mean he the kind of guy who shouldnt be in comedy
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Quote by fallingforever
does anyone else think that the daily show just isn't funny? My roommates think that he is hilarious and I've tried to laugh, but I just don't think he's funny at all. Am I the only one?

you suck
he makes a good joke evrey once in a while,id watch something else but its the only decent thing on right now
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
i just dont get a lot of american political comedy..i dont think americans do either they just laugh when they think something is suppost to be funny.
I thought his best was when the writers strike was going on, honestly. I still think he's pretty funny though...at moments kind of awkward.
I think that 9/10 times he isn't funny. However his correspondents are usually funny.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Stratoblaster73
I prefer Colbert.
+1

I was going to say literally the exac same thing.
Jon Stewart is eight different flavors of awesome, one for every day of the week.

Quote by Stratoblaster73
I prefer Colbert.

Stewart > Colbert. That is all.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Watched it, that wasn't funny at all. Just because a studio audience laughs doesn't mean it's funny. Like iCarly... except they have a laugh track because even a studio audience wouldn't laugh.

Although he did completely rip those guys apart.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Tw8xy
i just dont get a lot of american political comedy..i dont think americans do either they just laugh when they think something is suppost to be funny.

There is a lot of that, which is why many people think I have no sense of humor. For example, I find the American version of "The Office" about as far from funny as possible...
*holds up Steve Carell (who is not funny at all) as a body shield*
*equips flame shield just in case*
On topic: I do not find Stewart funny.
Quote by Nightfyre
There is a lot of that, which is why many people think I have no sense of humor. For example, I find the American version of "The Office" about as far from funny as possible...
*holds up Steve Carell (who is not funny at all) as a body shield*
*equips flame shield just in case*

I don't find it funny either.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Tw8xy

Ah' had me one uh dem politicks once, hadda burn da sucker off wit a match head, then drank me sum' Budwizer.

-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Sonicxlover
Watched it, that wasn't funny at all. Just because a studio audience laughs doesn't mean it's funny. Like iCarly... except they have a laugh track because even a studio audience wouldn't laugh.

That wasn't meant to be funny. He was being serious. By the way, Crossfire was canceled 2 weeks after his ownage on the show. The thing about Jon Stewart is that he's not a pure comedian. He says funny things some times, sure, but his main drive is his searing intelligence and passion for true politics. If you guys watch Colbert and Stewart for shits and giggles, you're doing it wrong.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm not arguing that he's not intelligent. I saw him on Crossfire live and it was brilliant. I just don't think the Daily Show is funny pretty much at all. Even when Stewart is in movies he's not that funny.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by Xiaoxi
That wasn't meant to be funny. He was being serious. By the way, Crossfire was canceled 2 weeks after his ownage on the show. The thing about Jon Stewart is that he's not a pure comedian. He says funny things some times, sure, but his main drive is his searing intelligence and passion for true politics. If you guys watch Colbert and Stewart for shits and giggles, you're doing it wrong.

Ok, then that was pretty sweet. I made that comment about 2 mins in but then I watched more of it, he completely ate them alive. However I still maintain that the show isn't that good, it isn't as intelligent as you make it out to be. It's usually just him running clips and then screwing it up by either telling a joke that doesn't work or laughing at his own joke.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
i don't like him. goes overkill on some jokes, and i can't laugh at something if i notice a laugh track/ studio audience (like in sitcoms) or if the person telling the joke is laughing like a jackass.

i admit he does know his politics, but some of the stuff he says is just so politically incorrect it can't be funny. someone who knows politics as well as he should be able to find humor without being so far from the truth.
Last edited by dudius at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by fallingforever
I'm not arguing that he's not intelligent. I saw him on Crossfire live and it was brilliant. I just don't think the Daily Show is funny pretty much at all. Even when Stewart is in movies he's not that funny.

Again, it's not meant to be pure comedy in the Daily Show. The Daily Show is more of a personal interpretation of the news on that day. It's only funny because of how absurd things get in reality.

Quote by Sonicxlover
Ok, then that was pretty sweet. I made that comment about 2 mins in but then I watched more of it, he completely ate them alive. However I still maintain that the show isn't that good, it isn't as intelligent as you make it out to be. It's usually just him running clips and then screwing it up by either telling a joke that doesn't work or laughing at his own joke.

I have to disagree about the show. Him and the whole staff uses satire to bring out what is truly wrong. The clips he runs aren't random clips. They usually make striking statements about real politics. Take a look at almost any show from this election season and you can see how much BS there is. The Daily Show presents the BS side to side to really bring it to attention. I think it's actually very important. It's not always funny, but it's genuinely important for political awareness.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Oct 23, 2008,
i think its pretty damn funny most of the time.

plus, your show doesn't win multiple Emmy awards when it isnt funny/good.
Quote by Xiaoxi

True, and that's why I enjoy Colbert so much. He mixes (mostly good) satire with relevant reporting. The topic, however, is not the quality of Stewart's reporting but his humor. If TS had asked about Stewart in general I would have given it a thumbs-up.
Last edited by Nightfyre at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by daytripper75
i think its pretty damn funny most of the time.

plus, your show doesn't win multiple Emmy awards when it isnt funny/good.

That I disagree with. Look at the Grammies, tons of people win that shouldn't win or aren't the best. You could make the same argument against the Emmies.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Nightfyre
True, and that's why I enjoy Colbert so much. He mixes (mostly good) satire with relevant reporting. The topic, however, is not the quality of Stewart's reporting but his humor. If TS had asked about Stewart in general I would have given it a thumbs-up.

Well, yea he's not always funny. When I said he's a legend, I meant more as a public figure, not as a comedian. I also HATE how much Colbert interrupts his guests when they're talking. It's so frustrating. Jon does it too, but to lesser extent.

But still, I just wanted to point out the true nature of both of these guys, because a lot of people in this thread seem to miss the point.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Tw8xy

I think you're stupid.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I love the Daily Show, and I love Jon Stewart. I love when he gets serious and angry.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Keyphur
Colbert/Stewart '08!!

I'd have to read their policy first, but I could see myself voting for them...
Beakwithteeth: Epic, yes? A shining 15 minutes for the good Jon Stewart. He even got that stupid show cancelled.
He's fairly funny, but I enjoy Colbert more. I enjoy his show a lot though.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by Xiaoxi

I agree with most of what this guy said. I watch Jon Stewart because he is smart, some of his jokes are funny but overall it's his intelligence.

Colbert on the other hand is pure comedy for me.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
i like it but most people don't understand the jokes
and i like colbert too but i don't like it that people like him just because he's edgy
i thought he was a bit more enjoyable while he was on the daily show tbh
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by rasveer
i like it but most people don't understand the jokes
and i like colbert too but i don't like it that people like him just because he's edgy
i thought he was a bit more enjoyable while he was on the daily show tbh

i think the reason he was so good on the Daily Show was because you only heard him for 5 minutes or so. once you hear it for 30 mins at a time, it loses some of its edge i think.
Colbert is funny every once in a while, but I hate his sarcastic and egotistical act. It gets old. Jon Stewart, however, is hilarious.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Page 1 of 2