Swimming is starting up soon. Yup, that means 2 hours after school and one before school of practice. Not to mention all my pre-existing homework. Normally, I jam for about 30 min, learning parts of songs and playing songs I've already learned. Then for about 15 min practice scales. I won't have 45 minutes of free time to practice guitar though.

I want to get better, lots better to be exact =]
So, what's a 30 minute practice schedule like?
15 songs and 15 scales? Or what?
I was going to try the "powerleveling" idea, but would I have enought time to perfect this?
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
need to go for efficiency. never quit just relaxing and playing music often but to get the most out of short practice you should just focus on attacking your weaknesses in technique.
You don't need to practice scales. Only if you plan on using them. All I do is create songs, but I barely practice scales and I can use them fine.

If you have all your techniques down then it's really up to you. There isn't a right way to practice after you know your way around guitar. Make sure important techniques like Alt picking are used in daily play.
just play your guitar unplugged all around your house, its what i do haha worked for me. practicing guitar riffs with out a amp is a good way to practice ive found because when you plug in your guitar and crank it it sounds great
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)
Quote by powerslave69
just play your guitar unplugged all around your house, its what i do haha worked for me. practicing guitar riffs with out a amp is a good way to practice ive found because when you plug in your guitar and crank it it sounds great

^
What he said, you'll probably get cleaner too.
Also, be sure to focus for ALL the time you're playing, and it'll have the effect of a much longer lesson in terms of improvment
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Swimming is starting up soon. Yup, that means 2 hours after school and one before school of practice. Not to mention all my pre-existing homework. Normally, I jam for about 30 min, learning parts of songs and playing songs I've already learned. Then for about 15 min practice scales. I won't have 45 minutes of free time to practice guitar though.

I want to get better, lots better to be exact =]
So, what's a 30 minute practice schedule like?
15 songs and 15 scales? Or what?
I was going to try the "powerleveling" idea, but would I have enought time to perfect this?

10 Minutes of SLOW practice for economy of motion and finger independence (see Freepower's videos on Correct Practice and Finger Independence)

10 Minutes of music theory (Study "The Crusade" by Josh Urban and learn the notes of the fretboard)

10 Minutes of jamming/learning songs/coming up with actual licks.

That should do it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.