I'm getting a new guitar soon, and it might be the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue. I know that I'm going to put in a new switch, and switch the pots to 500k in order to make it sound less muddy. The question is, after I've done this, would you switch out the wide range humbuckers, which is what it is known for, and put in different humbuckers, such as Seymour Duncans? If so, which humbuckers would you put in? I'm playing genres such as alternative, punk, and pop/punk, and maybe a bit of indie. Thanks!

Also, I'll probably be playing out of a Traynor YCS50, a Traynor YCV50 Blue, or a Mesa F-50, if anyone cares.
it sounds like your gonna cange everything about that tele, why dont ou get a cheaper one and do the same to that one
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
it sounds like your gonna cange everything about that tele, why dont ou get a cheaper one and do the same to that one

I haven't decided to switch out the pups yet, I just wanted an opinion.
well, as far as i'm concerned, the pickups are the main reason people get that particular guitar, so buying it then changing the pickups seems kind of (for lack of better term) silly
Last edited by Mack56 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Raxef
I haven't decided to switch out the pups yet, I just wanted an opinion.

Make your own opinion once you've got the guitar - there's not much point asking when you don't even have it yet and don't know the sounds you'll get from it.

And if it's got humbuckers then it probably already has 500k pots.

[EDIT] apparently I lied the originals had 1 meg pots, the reissue does indeed have 250k pots...how odd
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Raxef
I'm getting a new guitar soon, and it might be the Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue. I know that I'm going to put in a new switch, and switch the pots to 500k in order to make it sound less muddy. The question is, after I've done this, would you switch out the wide range humbuckers, which is what it is known for, and put in different humbuckers, such as Seymour Duncans? If so, which humbuckers would you put in? I'm playing genres such as alternative, punk, and pop/punk, and maybe a bit of indie. Thanks!

Also, I'll probably be playing out of a Traynor YCS50, a Traynor YCV50 Blue, or a Mesa F-50, if anyone cares.

what's the original pot's resistance?
Quote by necrophilic
what's the original pot's resistance?

For the Tele Deluxe, it's 250k, which tends to sound muddy on humbuckers. I'm not quite sure why Fender did this. I know that I'll probably hear it first before making any changes, but in almost every review I've read, they say to change the pots to 500K. 1Meg is a bit too treble-y for me.