I was thinking of getting a TP-6 for a tail peice but I dont know what I would get for a bridge.
I have an epiphone les pual custom and I would rather upgrade that guitar than buy a new one because I think its a pretty good guitar. It needs things like a new bridge and tailpeice and new pickups. Hod do bridges and tailpeices effect your sound aside from the better sustain? Also if I got the TP-6 would I need a locking nut?

For pickups I need a good sound for blues and a good neck pickup for rock
(not metal) lol dont tell me I need EMG's. What would you guys suggest? Also is it a major upgrade to give your guitar coil splitters? Because coil tapping would be really nice.

TP-6:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Tailpiece-TP-6-100119752-i1128031.gc
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British
The TP-6 looks interesting, but that's an awful lot to be spending on an Epiphone. For the price you could sell it for, combined with your money you'd spend upgrading it, you could get an overall better guitar, with better hardware and pickups.

If I were going to change out hardware on that, I'd buy it from GuitarFetish.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Brian8878682

I have an epiphone les pual custom and I would rather upgrade that guitar than buy a new one because I think its a pretty good guitar. It needs things like a new bridge and tailpeice and new pickups. Hod do bridges and tailpeices effect your sound aside from the better sustain? Also if I got the TP-6 would I need a locking nut?

how new is the guitar? if it's a newer epi, they have a pretty nice tailpiece. you wouldn't need a locking nut for that tailpiece.
Quote by CapnMudGuru
how new is the guitar? if it's a newer epi, they have a pretty nice tailpiece. you wouldn't need a locking nut for that tailpiece.

its a 2006 custom
" Im so god damned horny the crack of dawn better be carefull around me."
- Tom Waits

Gear
Marshall Jcm900 50w Head
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Telecaster w/ rosewood neck&Emg's
EHX Holy Grail
Tone Bone Hot British