Any people in here, who aren't idiots, know of any neat science experiments one can do with the usual house hold chemicals?

Right now, I'm working on separating the bismuth out of pepto bismal, but I'm unsure of whether or not I'm doing it right.

If you think I'll need lab materials, chances are I've got them, so shoot anything at me. Except stupid things like vinegar and baking soda.
Cs + H20 = Win

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
just start faping, then 1 u cum, dont cum semen, cum blood, that will get u an A++
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Pour water into acid.

See what happens.

Also, try the anarchists cookbook. There's some fun stuff in there.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Fr+H20= More win
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Last edited by gonzaw at Oct 23, 2008,
mix amonia with iodine crystals, (outside)
let dry to paste, smear on things
when dry it will be a pressure sensitive explosive
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
try to create and uncontrolled nuclear fission reaction in your bedroom.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
How am I supposed to get Francium? I know what will happen but I think it would be cool. And it would be cool for GmacD to elaborate a little bit.
vinegar and baking soda.

see what i did there?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
salt peter (potassium nitrate) + sugar = a good smoke bomb. (it doesnt actually blow up, just smokes a hell'uv a lot)

edit:

also if u have ping pong balls you can make one by cutting up the pingpong balls, wrapping the shreds in foil, using a straw as a ventilator, and lighting it.

google it for specifics.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Last edited by GibsonRocker14 at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
try to create and uncontrolled nuclear fission reaction in your bedroom.

Or, create a controlled fission reaction, and make Bill Gates look like a pauper.

With the hours I spent doing titrations today, I'm sick of experiments.
Mentos + Diet Coke = Fun
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by StevenJ128
Or, create a controlled fission reaction, and make Bill Gates look like a pauper.

With the hours I spent doing titrations today, I'm sick of experiments.

yeah, but you have to have control rods and all that jazz (unless you're thinking of fusion, whic hasn't been acheived yet.)

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, but you have to have control rods and all that jazz (unless you're thinking of fusion, whic hasn't been acheived yet.)

Not to mention your going to need uranium and a haz-mat suit just to be safe. Make sure you make lead shielding around the core.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by PlagueX1
Not to mention your going to need uranium and a haz-mat suit just to be safe. Make sure you make lead shielding around the core.

if you are attempting to create an uncontrolled fission reaction like that, safety won't really be a concern once it's done, just ask Japan.

Last.fm
Burn salts. They make cool colors. Particularly strontium chloride.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
Sodium hypochlorite solution + Ammonia

Collect the gas product in a test tube and inhale. Gets you high as fuck.

Edit: I don't recommend this.

Quote by GregMisiakk
How am I supposed to get Francium? I know what will happen but I think it would be cool. And it would be cool for GmacD to elaborate a little bit.

You will most likely never get Francium in your life even if you end up a chemist.

There is only around an ounce of it at any given time around the world.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Oct 24, 2008,
try mentos and diet coke
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
There was a project where you could make ice simply by touching water with a certain mixture. It was Water + Sodium Acetate (I'll have the "how-to-make" site in a few minutes).

Well here's the link for the experiment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-KOYQsIvU

OK Found it: HOW TO MAKE SODIUM ACETATE! http://www.instructables.com/id/Sodium-Acetate/
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Last edited by EvilDomo at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Cs + H20 = Win

do you want him to die?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
someone told me this the other day, havent gotten to do it yet. you need a tennis ball, and a bunch of matches/match strike paper stuff (forget what its actually called). cut the tennis ball in half, line the inside with the strike paper. cut the match heads off the sticks and fill the ball up and close it back up. then he said if you throw it hard against a wall it would 'explode', but again the effectiveness is unsure because i havent done it myself yet.
Quote by potcorn56
do you want him to die?

Possibly... >.>... just kidding TS

My teacher put a huge chunk of potassium into a smallish bath of water in my chemistry class. That was epic win

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Drano + water in a water bottle. drop in some aluminum foil and secure a balloon to the opening. wait for the balloon to fill up. tie off the balloon. whamm-o! hydrogen gas in a balloon.

optional bonus step: Light your hydrogen balloon.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
Drano + water in a water bottle. drop in some aluminum foil and secure a balloon to the opening. wait for the balloon to fill up. tie off the balloon. whamm-o! hydrogen gas in a balloon.

optional bonus step: Light your hydrogen balloon.

get the **** out!!! i am so doing this
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Put blood in a car battery and see if it still works.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by potcorn56
get the **** out!!! i am so doing this

try and use drano in crystal form if you can find some, i think it's more potent and will work more effectively.

and if you do blow it up, don't just put a lighter up to it. keep your distance and use a fuse or a stick with the tip lit on fire to keep your hands attached to your body.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
oh and if you can't make your own atom bomb, I suggest making PCP and covertly dosing your classmates and teachers with it.

Last.fm