Ok I want to install a modboard delay in my telecaster deluxe. Its equipped with emg 81/85's and I have a 9-volt battery box built into the back of the guitar. Is it even possible to run one of these boards with active electronics? Can I run my pickups and the modboard off one 9volt simutaniously?
love to help, seeing as I also have a tele, but i just dont know what that is.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
http://www.guitarfetish.com/DL1_lo.pdf

Its a small analog delay circuit board that you install inside your guitar and is controlled by pots just like your volume and tone. I just dont understand if this is going to work being that I have active pickups being powered by a 9volt already. I have a 9volt box built into the bak of the guitar but I dont understand if its possible to run this circuit with active pickups.
Quote by TeleDeluxe84
Ok I want to install a modboard delay in my telecaster deluxe. Its equipped with emg 81/85's and I have a 9-volt battery box built into the back of the guitar. Is it even possible to run one of these boards with active electronics? Can I run my pickups and the modboard off one 9volt simutaniously?

Yes, you can supply multiple things with one battery. However, it will drain quicker. If you can, add another battery box to the back of your guitar for something like this.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
^what he said.

...although from what I've heard, the MODboards aren't really the greatest..
I'd probably just recomend getting a delay pedal.

That way you wouldn't have to worry about finding space for 2 9v batteries, or space for the pcb the effect is on to cram into the control cavity. You'd also be able to use delay with more than one guitar (if you use more than one usually). I guess that'd kinda defeat the purpose of an onboard effect, though.

...that being said, I've never used one personally, so I'm just rambling more than being helpful..

I dunno, if you can find space for it without going to endless lengths, then go for it if you want, but I'd also recomend using 2 batteries.
There really isnt any reviews for these things anywhere.. I thought it would be cool to have on board delay and then also use my dl-4 combining both.