So I have my crate v18 not to long ago, i often play around with it but not to much since i bought it. Today, i decide to put out couple hours to practice guitar then i found out my crate give lot of feedback/hissing kinda sound. It only occur on particular string and fret. it only occur it it the second note being play from the particular note and string.

For example: my 2nd string 13th fret give feedback/hiss sound if i play 2nd string 12 fret then hammer on the 13th fret. It doesnt give feedback/hiss sound if i play just 1 note on 2nd string 13th fret. It rly weird and very annoying, can anyone help plz?
Bedroom Set up:

ESP LTD EC-400 with 81/60 EMG
Yamaha SJ550HR, 1980's Strat (rare guitar)
Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Saving up for ESP Uruha's Signature Guitar
can u make sure of it?

i record the part where it buzz

http://www.mediafire.com/?jk2qzzmr04m

do u know how much it cost to fix fret buzz?

i dont understand how it got fret buzz. I was playing this guitar alot 2 month ago with a cube and it work fine, then my bro use it. He said he broke a string once because he keep turning the tuner. Maybe that the reason?
Bedroom Set up:

Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

i have not listened to the clip yet but - yes I suppose things like that could cause your problem. It would have been worse if the tuner had been turned up like that and left like that. It's a good thing the string broke.

I'm guessing English is not your first language. Fret buzz happens to everyone at some point - it is not big deal. It's not like your guitar caught a disease

Search on Fret Buzz up in the top right box and on Google. There are plenty of descriptions and methods to fix out there. Hell, a fret buzz question comes up at least twice a day over in the Electric Guitar forum. You'll be alright.

Edit: Ok I don't know what that was but your guitar is out of tune. Might be better to just strum chords. Also, if you have fret buzz you can hear it with the guitar unplugged. Acoustically. Do you hear a buzz then? I would take your guitar in and have it properly set up with new strings and a truss rod adjustment, the whole deal.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 23, 2008,
yeah, i did some research oh how to fix it but i am really confident about it cause it look kinda hard.

and i rly dont want to touch it yet unless i am 100% sure fret buzz so can u plz confirm it?

and yes, English is not my first language
Bedroom Set up:

Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff

Wow. Some of those notes warble like crazy. 311 might be right about your guitar being out of tune, but it might not be the real cause. I have the same vibrato effect coming out of single notes on my guitar. When you hit one note, and only one note, it sounds like it is out of tune, badly. But, in fact, the note is just reacting with the guitar itself and causing that problem. Today, I took my guitar back to the shop where I bought it and they are about ready to offer me a new guitar if they cant fix it. And it looks like they can't figure out what the problem is.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
i thought it wasnt normal fret buzz cause the note only sound warble if i played a note before that one. If i play just that one note that supposed to give me a weird vibrato, it'll sound just fine.

I am gonna put this in electric guitar to seek more help
Bedroom Set up:

Crate v18
Digitech Bad Monkey
Vintage 30 Speaker
Metal Muff