Yea title says it all, I just asked out a girl singing a song and by changing the last lyric. Yes it was incredibly lame and I'm a douche I know... but god damn it worked
Song was You had me at hello by A day to remember . So has anyone else ever done this???
Spread the word, it works!!

But seriously, has music ever worked for any of you guys?
well girls fall to their knees as soon as they look at me, so ive never had a chance to try that method...
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
I would, but im not a tool
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by divinecrossfire
well girls fall to their knees as soon as they look at me, so ive never had a chance to try that method...

Fall to their knees as in, "Wow he's a hunk!" or "Wow he's a hunk...of junk!"?
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
Quote by b4t3man
Fall to their knees as in, "Wow he's a hunk!" or "Wow he's a hunk...of junk!"?

...... BURN!!!
that is all....
My friend's name is Chyna Grove, and she hates it when people play the song she's named after. I guess it's happened from 9 different guys.
i love that song...
Quote by Faux
whats the best part about sex with eighty one year olds?
theres eighty of them
Quote by Metallica rulz
tool that has a girlfriend... I'll take it.

You have a date, not a girlfriend.
a day to remember? is she a scene kid?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Admittedly, at this present time, no i do not have a girlfriend. But, IF you are going to conform to a cultural cliche` of playing a love song for a girl, at least write one yourself.

I've played songs for girls before, but Never as a way to ask them out, Just grow a pair and ask her out the old fashioned way.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
...lame... totally lame... if you have to do that to get her to go out with you, the relationship is probably doomed anyways...
...unless she puts out, in which case, well done!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
a day to remember? is she a scene kid?

Dude listen to that song, it ain't scene. Its good.

And I could have simply asked her and prob got a yes lol, but the point is how much more bad ass this was... Topped all those other romantic assholes.
Last edited by Metallica rulz at Oct 23, 2008,
Quote by Mr.Pink101
Admittedly, at this present time, no i do not have a girlfriend. But, IF you are going to conform to a cultural cliche` of playing a love song for a girl, at least write one yourself.

I've played songs for girls before, but Never as a way to ask them out, Just grow a pair and ask her out the old fashioned way.

Agreed. A better thing to do, is to offer to teach her something. (something simple of course)Even if she's never played before. That way, you get a chance to touch her boobz. lawl

Edit: I have not actually tried this, so do not blame me if you get slapped.
im waiting for the school talent show to own the other guitar noobs in my school with either surfing with the alien, glasgow kiss, or get out of my yard. then i will become the greatest of greats
I'm Steve
Quote by Metallica rulz
Dude listen to that song, it ain't scene. Its good.

oh, i know exactly what band youre talking about, and what song. you just reiterated my question.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by guitarnoobie
Agreed. A better thing to do, is to offer to teach her something. (something simple of course)Even if she's never played before. That way, you get a chance to touch her boobz. lawl

Edit: I have not actually tried this, so do not blame me if you get slapped.

i've done that, but i didn't touch her inappropriately. but it easily breaks the comfort barrier of touch, and girls love it when you teach them something.
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
im waiting for the school talent show to own the other guitar noobs in my school with either surfing with the alien, glasgow kiss, or get out of my yard. then i will become the greatest of greats

SWTA. they will want to play bass by the time youre done.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
SWTA. they will want to play bass by the time youre done.

lol i just have to get down the part after the first jet plane. although i havent tried learning it
I'm Steve
Quote by Strato-Massacre
oh, i know exactly what band youre talking about, and what song. you just reiterated my question.

Well then no shes not scene lol.

And Yea Surfing with the Alien is great, I actually love shred and that's basically what I play, thats why this shit was easy.

And I didn't do this as trying to get a date, so Teaching a girl a song can't really get her to actually be my girlfriend, this made more sense.
Quote by Platinum Pro
i sung

stone sour -- bother

to my ex one time just because she wanted to hear me sing and she said i gave her chill-bumps soo and she said i sounded like corey taylor... don't know if i should take that as a compliment of be offended by it..

Chill-bumps?
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I don't need to. All they know is that I play guitar and thats all that matters to them

so your saying you could suck ass and just be like "I play guitar, you ****s!" and get girls?
I'm Steve
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
so your saying you could suck ass and just be like "I play guitar, you ****s!" and get girls?

In my school, basically that and you need to be funny.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
In my school, basically that and you need to be funny.

damit, my school the mexicans and blacks dont take kindly to my racist humor
I'm Steve
The only song I can even come close to singing and playing is For Whom the Bell Tolls. And I really don't know how I could spin that to be romantic, or how I would lug all of my guitar equipment out to wherever this girl would be.

But the good news? I have a girlfriend. One that I landed with cheesy jokes instead. It's far classier.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The only song I can even come close to singing and playing is For Whom the Bell Tolls. And I really don't know how I could spin that to be romantic, or how I would lug all of my guitar equipment out to wherever this girl would be.

But the good news? I have a girlfriend. One that I landed with cheesy jokes instead. It's far classier.

like "hey baby lemme show you my c*ck" *holds up picture of a rooster*

like that kind of cheesy?
I'm Steve
My guitar skills got me into college with a $5000 per year scholarship....

That's like hot girl x 1000

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Metallica rulz
Yea title says it all, I just asked out a girl singing a song and by changing the last lyric. Yes it was incredibly lame and I'm a douche I know... but god damn it worked
Song was You had me at hello by A day to remember . So has anyone else ever done this???
Spread the word, it works!!

But seriously, has music ever worked for any of you guys?

Wait a minute, that has nothing to do with guitar skills at all. That's singing.
Quote by Xiaoxi
My guitar skills got me into college with a $5000 per year scholarship....

That's like hot girl x 1000

Lol...show off !
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
Quote by BlueAltitudes
Lol...show off !

I just wanted to rub my egopenis all over TS's face. Slap him around with it. Aww yeaah.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana