Looking for some place to get the cheapest price possible for a Rickenbacker 4003.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No matter where you look they are going to be quite pricey. Maybe and Ebay or Craiglist miracle.
^ miracle is probably not the right word. I see them going for $1100-1400 all the time on craigslist. not only that, but a lot of them are vintage 70's ricks. I've considered getting one, but I don't have the money or enough of a reason to get one
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by slap-a-bass
i saw a brand new rick on sale at guitar center for 700.....but then i woke up...and had to change my underwear

I'm saving that for sigging. My god, I litterally lold.

As for the topic at hand, I epically lold. Good luck to ya, buddy!
An important question. Have you ever tried a Ric?

If not, are you going to risk becoming on e of the legion that buys them from reputation, and then has to sell it second hand at a considerable loss, considering the number of second hand ones around?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
considering the number of second hand ones around?

which is good for us folks who want ricks haha
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails.aspx?Dealer=ff5f0242-59c9-4992-9299-18e28f850b31&Item=1630787

Well, this one's been in the shop for sale for about 8 months. You may be able to talk him down in the price and he does ship internationally....
Quote by CaptainJack666
which is good for us folks who want ricks haha

My point is a large number of people get them, thinking they are the perfect bass, then sell it again 6 months later for a third less.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
youre 15 i doubt you have been playing all that long id hold off on getting a rick
(edit) it an expensive bass and you wont really know if this is gonna be a lfe long thing so you could have just ended wasting cash
if you havent played one it is a must they are either hit or miss
you dont want to just go off and by a rick and discover you dont like the bright tone so much
i personaly have no opinion because i have yet to play one but i do dream
(editx2) silly Tam thats a 4001 plus its more expensive then an easy to find 4003 on ebay dont take this comment a bad way
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by alternitivebass

(editx2) silly Tam thats a 4001 plus its more expensive then an easy to find 4003 on ebay dont take this comment a bad way

I know, silly--now go to your room.

Seriously--my point was, you can find 4001/4003s out there. That shop just got 2 - 4003 in stock this week (the owner keeps calling me, he has this weird delusion that somehow the money fairy is going to come and put 2 grand under my pillow some night).

One of the other shops in my area that deals in consignment basses says that they are starting to see an influx of higher end instruments due to the economic issues. So getting a 4003 cheaper (mind you, not cheap, cheaper) is going to be easier now.
Well. . .thanks for help destroying all hope, and yes I have played the 4003 before