I'm looking at buying a Crate VC2112 from a parents friend. The guy who's selling it said he removed the stock speaker and replaced it with a Celestion Greenback G12M. He's willing to let it go for 200. Is this a good price? What kind of music would suit it best? Rock?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
that's a pretty good price, especially with a nice speaker in it. It's definitely a blues and classic rock amp, though with an OD you should be able to get hard and maybe early metal from it. Give it a try, if you like it than buy it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thats the thing...I wouldnt really be able to try it first. But from what you said, its got the tones i'm looking for. And I trust the guy, and if I really dont like it I could sell it back to him.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
I'll take it if you don't. Great amp for blues, classic rock. You aren't going to find better at that price new.
XD I'll keep that in mind if I dont like it. But I more than likely will.

Whats a good OD pedal for this?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Good OD pedal?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
What kind of sound are you going for? I messed around with a metal muff and it's pretty versatile, so I ordered one. But that's a distortion pedal...

Behringer makes good OD pedals for reeeeeally cheap, great for blues.
Well, it's been said that its good for classic rock and such, but I want a more modern sound. I was thinking the Digitech Bad Monkey, or possibly the Boss SD-1.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
For modern rock I recommend that you check out the ehx metal muff. it has metal in the title but it's good for pretty much anything.
The metal muff is distortion. I'm just looking for tube overdrive. Which brings me back to the Bad Monkey or the SD-1.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Fulltone OCD or Tubescreamer?

I personally prefer the sound of the OCD...it's a lot warmer and smoother, yet can get some insane drive out of it.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
OCD Looks nice, but i'm probably going to go with the Tubescreaming, seeing as how its only 40 bucks...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300