Has anyone here tried busking (being a street musician)? See, I'm unemployed and I am currently trying to get a band together but in the meantime I thought about bringing my Washburn and playing a few songs for an hour or two every couple of days to make some money. Do you think it would pay well? Can anyone here speak from experience? I'm tired of that creepy 35 yr old potential pedophile guy playing "Hotel California" all the time! I'm sure I'll make more money than he does and much more money than my previous job as a Starbucks barista making 8 bucks an hour (Don't ask, it was absolute hell) Also I thought it might be fun and I could make money. Thoughts?
I hear that busking requires a liscence in some areas, something to consider.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
do it
i did and made 20 bucks for 2 hours, just make sure its a public place and play something that the general public would know.
oh and make sure your playing it well.
Do it after the bars get out, like 2 am here. People will give you tons of money. Also, can you sing?
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
if you're in an upscale urban area, jazzy or bluesy is usually the way to go.
Play popular songs, not of today, but the 80's and 90's, and you will make money.

Don't play Hannah Montana songs or Taylor Swift unless you're busking outside of a High School.

Play things like Wonderwall, American Pie, Tears In Heaven, etc
High as tits
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
i like busking, when i do it it's usually performance art invovling me banging some girl on a street corner while plaing a badly out of tune version of "sweet home alabama" over and over again.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
pay depends on where you are. try to get in the tubes in london.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
it does

it does
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Spydr
Do it after the bars get out, like 2 am here. People will give you tons of money. Also, can you sing?

yeah when i was at uni i used to go out and party and nick out early to get my guitar and play between 2.30 and 3.30. those were the days.
Quote by Tw8xy
yeah when i was at uni i used to go out and party and nick out early to get my guitar and play between 2.30 and 3.30. those were the days.

excellent idea
Anyone else read the thread title to the ghostbusters theme tune?

Specifically the line that goes "Bustin' Makes Me Feel Goo-oo-ood""