Hey, I recently made my own les paul-style guitar. It has a mahogany body, with a thin maple layer on top, and a bolt on neck, if it makes any difference. Anyway, I just put in a dimebucker in the bridge, and I have to say, i'm really happy with it. I love the treble, and the crunchy bass is response is amazing.

however, i'm in serious need of a good neck pickup.

I want something that completely offsets the highs, and the sharpness of the dimebucker. something with exceptional bass, and that sounds great clean. It should also be able to strike a balance mixed with the dimebucker. I don't want to use a '59, because that's what's reccomended with a dimebucker, and I want to have a style of my own. I know the sound of the pickup I want, I just don't know any pickups like that. any help?
Quote by LP Addict
anything NOT a dimebucker will sound better than what you have in that neck position, those pickups are honestly awful, not even dime used them.

I LOVE my dimebucker. It sounds great. I have it in the bridge, and I need a neck pup. I know that dimebag didn't use em. He used bill laurence whatevers. I don't want a sound like dimebag, and the dimebucker works for me. that's set. I just need a neck pup.
dimarzio breed has a decent amount of bass.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
dimarzio breed has a decent amount of bass.

thanks! those look great!
I think you'd love the '59. I've got one in 3 of my guitars. Duncan also makes a p/u called the Jazz. It's similar to the '59, but a little smoother. What you need to understand is that a pickup, guitar, amp, etc. is not going to make you sound like someone. They're only tools for shaping your tone. Your hands and your heart will make you sound like you. This is why Dime sounds like Dime, Van Halen sounds like Van Halen, and so on.
i'd agree with the 59. nice cleans and good for leads.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by seth's daddy
I think you'd love the '59. I've got one in 3 of my guitars. Duncan also makes a p/u called the Jazz. It's similar to the '59, but a little smoother. What you need to understand is that a pickup, guitar, amp, etc. is not going to make you sound like someone. They're only tools for shaping your tone. Your hands and your heart will make you sound like you. This is why Dime sounds like Dime, Van Halen sounds like Van Halen, and so on.

I agree completely. That's why I wanted to get the dimebucker. Dime doesn't use it, many people hate it, yet still, I love it. I don't want to get the '59, because so many other people use that pickup combination. Seymour duncan actually reccomends it on their website. If I do that, my guitar will sound like countless others with no originality. I think i'll get the breed, since It seems like it completely contrasts the dimebucker, and i've never heard them used in combination before. thank you all for your input.
i have no clue why most people hate the dimebucker, honestly i believe the people who tried it out didnt use it for its intended purpose; metal. it isnt the best pickup for clean jazz twang or any of those styles.[well maybe, i dont know] its true dime didnt use it, however he did endorse it for the fact that it is a good pickup.

Quote by markomite
I agree completely. That's why I wanted to get the dimebucker. Dime doesn't use it, many people hate it, yet still, I love it. I don't want to get the '59, because so many other people use that pickup combination. Seymour duncan actually reccomends it on their website. If I do that, my guitar will sound like countless others with no originality. I think i'll get the breed, since It seems like it completely contrasts the dimebucker, and i've never heard them used in combination before. thank you all for your input.

it really isnt about the sound of the guitar that defines your style, its the way you play. also it depends the amp you play out of, and what your guitar is made of. just because someone else has done it before shouldnt scare you away from making your guitar sound good
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

I use the Super distortion along with the dimebucker. A super distortion II may also be nice in the neck with the dimebucker.
DiMarzio Tone Zone.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Dime used the The Original Traditional Bill Lawrence L-500XL Hot Humbucker in Blade Style, it sounds great & its a bit warmer in tone than the Dimebucker even though the Dimebucker was some what modeled after the Bill Lawrence L-500XL, and yes, just about any neck pickup goes well with it, DiMarzio would be a good choice.

PS: Dime did use the Dimebucker in one of his guitars before he died.
Ohh yeah