Wanting a small little device so I can plug headphones into. Looking to get feedback from people who have used both units who can tell me if the POD3's price is worth paying over the lower priced V-AMP2.

I wont be recording anything anytime soon. Mostly wanting this for the effects. Also so I can play with headphones on. Locally, I've seen a V-AMP 2 a guy is selling for $75.00

Thanks for any feedback!
You mean the POD x3?

The POD is better by a long shot, but I'd look into a PODxt if you're on a budget, they sell quite a bit cheaper. You could also get a floor POD or a POD 2.0, but I've never tried one of those and they don't look as good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The V-amp 2 is a nice little device. I always thought it sounded just as good if not better then the POD 2.0's. The clean sounds on it arent as high end as the POD but the gain and crunch of it sounds pretty dang good for how much it costs.

I think its one of berhingers better products they've ever come out with.

If you want to spend slightly more look into the RP series like the 150 and 250, they sound great too
it's not so much budget as it is, is it worth the extra money. If the POD x3 is THAT much better, then I might consider the POD x3. Otherwise, getting a V-AMP 2 for $75 doesn't sound too bad.
And that's about all I'll be doing for a VERY long time. Just got my first guitar last week. So, it's the raw basics for me, however, I do want some exciting sounds to keep me from getting board!
Quote by RickBlacker
Wanting a small little device so I can plug headphones into.

I always wondered do you still get good tone when playing through just the headphones? Would it be thin sounding or what?
Quote by Steel8909
I always wondered do you still get good tone when playing through just the headphones? Would it be thin sounding or what?

With cab simulation, it doesn't sound so bad. Kinda like listening to a decent demo.
That's a tough one since your new, but the POD X3 is that much better. if you stick with playing you'll be much better off with the POD and it will keep you busy for years.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
That's a tough one since your new, but the POD X3 is that much better. if you stick with playing you'll be much better off with the POD and it will keep you busy for years.

+1, the POD out classes the V-Amp by a mile, but since you're just starting out, I'd probably just go for the cheapest possible route and then decide what you really want later one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com