I prefer Fugazi, but Rites of Spring are f***ing great. Its a shame their discography isn't very big.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Last edited by HiImKindaNewAnd at Oct 23, 2008,
Rites o' Spring are pretty damn awesome
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I prefer One Last Wish. Guy's other band.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
I prefer Fugazi, but Rites of Spring are f***ing great. Its a shame their discography isn't very big.

this.
Pretty awesome band, I like them better than Embrace and Moss Icon and all those other bands similar. Actually, I don't have any One Last Wish, I need some, everyone says they're great.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by original=punk
Shouldn't this be in the PP&E forum?

It's kind of an unspoken rule that tr00 em0 goes here and MAINSTREAM MCR PANSY EMO CRAP goes in PP&E. I don't think that's really fair, but that's the way it is.
If PP&E isn't that great of a spot for them, wouldn't putting them in Hardcore make more sense than here?
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
If PP&E isn't that great of a spot for them, wouldn't putting them in Hardcore make more sense than here?

Yes. People don't always do what makes sense.
stRavinsky

and yeh, i think this should go in PP&E
Last edited by blackflag49 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by werty22
It's kind of an unspoken rule that tr00 em0 goes here and MAINSTREAM MCR PANSY EMO CRAP goes in PP&E. I don't think that's really fair, but that's the way it is.

not really...
Quote by original=punk
not really...

OK, I'll take your word for it. I really only ever go in PP&E for the Green Day thread.
I think it's fine here.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blackflag49
stRavinsky

and yeh, i think this should go in PP&E

lawlz, typo. I know his name, trust me. I've listened to Rite of Spring start to finish 15+ times, easily.
These guys are pretty much the exact opposite of what I usually listen to but I really enjoy them. For Want Of is a fantastic song.
Quote by anarkee
I love Fugazi and Rites of Spring.

Fugazi aren't really very similar to Rites of Spring, I think we should leave them out of this discussion.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
Fugazi aren't really very similar to Rites of Spring, I think we should leave them out of this discussion.

b-b-but i wanted to say that even though i like Fugazi, i have had trouble getting into Rites Of Spring. perhaps i will give them another listen after i trudge through Sandinista!

any key tracks that i should focus on?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Whats their best album.

I've never listened to 'em

They only recorded one, their self-titled. And an EP, I think, but I've never heard it.
Just get End on End.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by mbbmalcolm
They only recorded one, their self-titled. And an EP, I think, but I've never heard it.

They have a self-titled...?

Oh nevermind I didn't know End on End was a compilation.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Oh nice.

I lurv bands with a small but awesome discography.

I love bands who are connected to other bands who all have small discographies.

In other words I love the Kinsella brothers.
Quote by Love_Buzz
I love bands who are connected to other bands who all have small discographies.

In other words I love the Kinsella brothers.

I was just going over with my roommate today about how the Kinsella brothers are/were in like a zillion bands, and how each one of them is awesome.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
It's hardcore man,emo is kind of a blurry term.Well i have to admit,I live in Indonesia and since i heard rites of spring,it changed my whole perspective of listening music and enjoying them with heart.Guy's a great song writer,he should be the head of Fugazim,but Ian also can't be underestimated,fugazi should do more shifting on vocal job.Anyway we're talking about rites of spring now,so I have to speak that For want of is the best song that i could get from End On End.VIVA REVOLUTION SUMMER.
Quote by alfancurtis
It's hardcore man,emo is kind of a blurry term.Well i have to admit,I live in Indonesia and since i heard rites of spring,it changed my whole perspective of listening music and enjoying them with heart.Guy's a great song writer,he should be the head of Fugazim,but Ian also can't be underestimated,fugazi should do more shifting on vocal job.Anyway we're talking about rites of spring now,so I have to speak that For want of is the best song that i could get from End On End.VIVA REVOLUTION SUMMER.

Use the space bar more often please.
two and a half men.