ok so im in a band

so our bassist, well call him Phil, is a great bassist, a great singer, a great songwriter, a great guy and a great friend. Problem is, he's been ditching practice for his girlfriend and paintball. I know for a fact that he loves this band, but hes also in another band (which hes been in like 3 years longer than hes been in my band) and so feels guilty about practicing w/ us since he doesnt practice with them as much anymore. thing is, were finishing our album very soon (winter break) and we need to get 3 more songs down before we can record them.

what should i say or do to make him feel the urgency to practice? its really important that he practice with us more often, at least untill we finish recording the album.
i dont want to be confrontational.
HELP!
"Do you care about our band or not? Then why are you slacking off?"

Make sure you sound serious and disappointed when you say that.
He's busy, get over it.

When he finds time to practice with you, odds are, he will.

There are these things called "lives".

People tend to have them.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by kaiser_bill
rape him

+1
-Rudy

Quote by blackthought
Sometimes it's best to prepare for the worst possible eventuality... sex with Bill Murray.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I'm as shallow as a dry lake bed.
Quote by Xeus
girlfriends are the cryptonite of successful bands

correct spelling is the KRYPTONITE of you
ask him for a little extra focus right now when its needed but say its cool most of the time the way things are, just not when you a have a deadline.
Quote by Xeus

+1. So true
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by littlewhitekid
yea well this band pretty much is his life...like hes counting on this band being successful and being a musician as a career. and yes he is in love with his girlfriend which suxxx

Than tell him to cut the shit and get serious
Tell him paintball is just a side thing and if he wants to go anywhere with it, he'll have to think about what is important.

My bandmates do barely any of the work (promoting marketting legal shit songwritting). BUT they never skimp on practices and are willing to cancel shit with girlfriends for practice and crap. They believe in the band.

You have to let him consider what's more important.
Quote by Xeus

Worked out for Randy Rhoads in Ozzy's band.

Anyway, why dont you go paintballing with him? Sometimes do that, get the band together another time and alternate... compromise is always good.

Lives are nice to have.

Oh and I didn't know Phil Lynott was still alive (great bass player/singer/songwriter for Thin Lizzy if you didn't know). How did you get him?
Quote by littlewhitekid
yea well this band pretty much is his life...like hes counting on this band being successful and being a musician as a career. and yes he is in love with his girlfriend which suxxx

Wow, you really don't care about his happiness do you?
If you have a pointy guitar, stab him with it.

Solved similar problems I had.
Quote by Sound Mind
Wow, you really don't care about his happiness do you?

well the man does have a deadline here....

lmao.

but seriously. talk to him. youll figure it out. its not as hard as it seems.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...