OK, I'm going to be running through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, so the amp is taken care of. However, i have no clue what pedals to look at for OD or DS.

I know that a DS is very different from an OD, but I want to know about both. In terms of OD, I'm looking for something that can do a very transparent OD but also get a nice about of grit to it while still hearing the guitar. (Kinda like OK Go, but clearer if that makes sense. Maybe kinda like andy timmons.)

If I get a DS i would want to have a really thick, beefy distortion. Um...in terms of what i mean...think weezer in the Red Album in songs such as Dreamin' or Pork and Beans.

thanks for any help with either of these pedals. I'm thinking about going for one or the other, but I dont know which one yet. My budget is about $100 but I can go a bit more than that.

Thanks!
Sam
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
If you want a Distortion that's really beefy and heavy, I have a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion. It's meant for kinda Rock/Metal. It has a bit of a low end boost to give it some real oompf. You can adjust the Low boost as high or low as you want, along mith Tone, Distoriton, and Gain.

OD I can't really help you because I usually just use my amp's built in OD. Try a Boss, they always have good pedals.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
I'd try a DOD 250 preamp or a Boss SD-1/Dunlop Zakk Wylde Overdrive depending on amount of cash to spend. TS-9 could also be what you're looking for, so just try a few OD's out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull

not necesarily. if i found one like this one that is really good then yes, but i think im going to buy one at a time. I just dont know which first yet lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Don't overlook the HRD drives... For mild, blues SRV drive I rate it highly. I know everyone bangs on about the clean channel, but trust me - both channels are good.

I really do think amp drive is where it's at.

The "more drive" channel can get very noisy with single coils though. Very authentic for garage stuff perhaps! Trust me, have a tinker with the drive channels and prepare to be suprised.

Luckily the HRD goes nicely with pedals and there is an effects loop. That "Jekyll and Hyde" pedal above looks sweet. Go to a shop, and try a bunch out. Hopefully they will even have a Hot Rod you can run them through to make sure it works for your amp.
Quote by Jackolas
Don't overlook the HRD drives... For mild, blues SRV drive I rate it highly. I know everyone bangs on about the clean channel, but trust me - both channels are good.

I really do think amp drive is where it's at.

The "more drive" channel can get very noisy with single coils though. Very authentic for garage stuff perhaps! Trust me, have a tinker with the drive channels and prepare to be suprised.

Luckily the HRD goes nicely with pedals and there is an effects loop. That "Jekyll and Hyde" pedal above looks sweet. Go to a shop, and try a bunch out. Hopefully they will even have a Hot Rod you can run them through to make sure it works for your amp.

oh yea, trust me, i love the amp. its just that the drive/more drive channel is very unique, and while I do like that sound sometimes, i also want a more...crisp? light overdrive. the current drive channel is really thick and gritty on a lower gain setting, which is cool, just not wat i want all of the time.

i might actually buy a delay or a phaser first and wait for the OD/DS. idk.

thanks!
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by steven seagull

+1, the Jekyll and Hyde owns.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
How does the Boss OS-2 compare to other pedals?? im borrowing a friends right now, and its pretty good sounding, but can i do better in that price range?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I had one of those a while back - it's pretty "meh" in all honesty, I got rid of it fairly sharpish.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I had one of those a while back - it's pretty "meh" in all honesty, I got rid of it fairly sharpish.

yea, i just sat down and played with it a bit...i wasnt too impressed. it colored the tone too much in a bad way. quite honestly, i think i might just stick with the OD on the amp, make use of my handy-dandy volume knob, and buy me a boost pedal for the tones in between.

volume knobs truly do wonders on tube amps. like..they actually do something
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional