ok, im not really sure what the guy at the shop was talking about but the professional paint is $100 for the flat black paint.

he showed me eurothayne? i dont know if thats how its spealt, sorry for my ignorance. and lacquer, dunno if it was automotive but it was in an autoshop so yea..
anyways whats a cheaper alternative, and which should i use for flat black
try reranch.com
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
try to use a nitrocellulose lacquer. there are kinds that you can spray, and kinds that you can paint. they're not 100 bucks, that's for sure.
Quote by markomite
try to use a nitrocellulose lacquer. there are kinds that you can spray, and kinds that you can paint. they're not 100 bucks, that's for sure.

do you know where i can find flat black nitrocellulose lacuqer paint? reranch doesnt have it
Quote by metal9876
do you know where i can find flat black nitrocellulose lacuqer paint? reranch doesnt have it

spray it with a black colour paint, and then use a flat (matt) nitrocellulose clear coat over it. Re ranch do a satin, which is like a flat finish.
Last edited by Mr.Bungle at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Mr.Bungle
spray it with a black colour paint, and then use a flat (matt) nitrocellulose clear coat over it. Re ranch do a satin, which is like a flat finish.

oh, ok thanks