That's right. I'm looking at a fuzz pedal for blues-rock stuff. Nothing in particular, just a general good fuzz. Not a stiff budget, but definitely nothing more than $250. I've been looking at Frantone's, the Lovepedal, Bostonrocks' Old Skool's, MXR's 108 Fuzz's and such. I don't really see a lot of fuzz pedals in my music stores, so all I know about them are clips and such.

Halp?
Peach Fuzz.
Quote by imgooley
Peach Fuzz.

Yeah, that's one I'm looking at right now. Sounds pretty good. Any other suggestions?

Edit: Also looking at the Germanium Sweet pedal. Do you have any experience with that one?
MI Audio GI Fuzz?

Also, I haven't played it (yet)
200 pounds of tone by lovepedal?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by imgooley
MI Audio GI Fuzz?

Also, I haven't played it (yet)

Haven't checked out the MI's, I'll make sure to look at that.

Quote by Bostonrocks

Definitely sounds like a good fuzz, but just want to see all of my options.

One question. Anyone know how these fuzz's sound with a wah? Don't really want a volume oscillation thing going.
Check out some of the skreddy stuff at youtube. lunar module sounds pretty good. think iys about $200. maybe a waiting period.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
big muff? never actually used one but jack white gets really good tone out of his
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Robert Keeley Fuzz Head

Although you're basically in that price point where you have to work especially hard to find something that's not going to sound great.
Mainly looking at the Peach Fuzz and 200 lbs. of Tone at the moment. Heard that the Peach Fuzz is REALLY bassy though, so I'm kind of iffy on that. Anyone have any experience using it with a wah?
If your budget is $250 max, I'm thinking an Analogman Sunface would be the way to go. I haven't played one (though I'm looking to buy an NKT-275), but from what I've read, it's the best you can get. The clips I've heard sound pretty damn good, and Marc Ford uses one, and his tone is freaking fantastic.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by Bostonrocks

this
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Quote by BrainDamage
If your budget is $250 max, I'm thinking an Analogman Sunface would be the way to go. I haven't played one (though I'm looking to buy an NKT-275), but from what I've read, it's the best you can get. The clips I've heard sound pretty damn good, and Marc Ford uses one, and his tone is freaking fantastic.

Black Crowes eh? Definitely interested in the Sunface now.
The Keeley FuzzHead I own. I also have a Catalinbread HyperPak. The Keeley does not introduce any additional noise. The HyperPak does. Both sound good, though, but I am partial to the Keeley. Both excel at classic rock, but the Keeley can go much further on the higher gain channel on my amp into more metalish sound.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
dunlop fuzz face?
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by Iceman 420
Black Crowes eh? Definitely interested in the Sunface now.
For sure. I can't tell you what fuzz (if any) he was using during the 90s, but he was definitely using a Sunlion (which is a Sunface + Beano Boost in one enclosure) or Sunface and separate Beano Boost in '05/'06.

According to Analogman, Rich Robinson was also using an NKT-275 Sunface and Maxon SD-9 at that time.
Quote by Thefallofman
Look into Roger Mayer fuzzes. My Axis Fuzz is absolutely win for Blues and Rock.

Analogman Sunfaces and Sunlions are nice too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
check out www.proguitarshop.com
they have a ton of fuzz pedal demos
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by imgooley

Yeah, I've definitely been checking out fuzz demos on there alright.

I'm currently thinking of getting the Sun Face for the most part, but keep all these suggestions coming guys. Thanks.

Edit: The Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz looks pretty nice as well.
Last edited by Iceman 420 at Oct 25, 2008,
^ NO NO NO NO NO they suck unless you want to pay 800 dollars for a old one.

also my FF isn't bad you could check it out. It's great at like Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix kind of sounds and it does a pretty good EJ impression
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
^ NO NO NO NO NO they suck unless you want to pay 800 dollars for a old one.

also my FF isn't bad you could check it out. It's great at like Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix kind of sounds and it does a pretty good EJ impression

Yeah, I was checking yours out as well. Do you have germanium transistors available? How well would yours stack up against these more...boutique fuzzes? Not knocking yours of course, just wondering.
'kay guys, thought I had decided on the Sun Face, but now some people are telling me to make my own with schematics and a cheap enclosure and parts from teh interwebz. Thoughts?
Check out the Diamond Fireburst fuzz pedal $219 ish.

It is the best fuzz I've ever played.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Iceman 420
'kay guys, thought I had decided on the Sun Face, but now some people are telling me to make my own with schematics and a cheap enclosure and parts from teh interwebz. Thoughts?
Not a bad idea at all. Simple circuit from what I've seen, and it shouldn't cost much at all to build, so if you're not happy with it you can always just buy one.
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage
Not a bad idea at all. Simple circuit from what I've seen, and it shouldn't cost much at all to build, so if you're not happy with it you can always just buy one.

or mod it
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by BrainDamage

From the sites I've seen though, none offer the germanium transistors that Analog Man offers.
You can find NOS NKT275's on eBay... personally though I don't think the difference is that big.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Nov 6, 2008,
guess you decided but... the mxr 108 is a fuzzface circuit with buffer added. i use it with budda wah and play heavy blues and rock type stuff. hendrix, cream, that kinda stuff.
What about the red witch fuzz god?

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12