well im doing my theory hw and its just constructing intervals below the given pitch. the only way i know how to do it is.
for example:
were in treble clef and we have a B and you have to construct a aug 5th interval below the B. so i find a dim 4th above the pitch and displace it a octave. so the dim 4th would be a Eb then i jsut displace it so its on the bottom line of the treble clef.

i hope you got what im doing...so does anyone know a better/easier way of doing this?
Count down four whole steps? I did what you're describing for a while whenever I was dealing with intervals larger than a P5. Keep practicing, you'll get better at it and eventually you won't have to think about it asnmuch.
I was going to say "Wait, that's wrong," but after thinking, yup, it's right.

I sometimes refer to my fretboard to deal with intervals lower than a minor sixth, maybe that could help you (if you play guitar, i dunno)
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
yea i play guitar(well mainly bas but i play a little gutiar on the side) but i can use a imaginary for intervals when they are above the given pitch but when constructing intervals below the pitch i find it harder. oh well looks im gonna have to grunt out the 100 intervals he gave us for hw.