Ok, the galloping sound (IE Raining Blood - Slayer or Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden).

It goes dun,dun,dun,rest over and over. I would like to learn how to do it. Sounds awesome. I can do it to an extent already. I can do it palm-muted holding my pick to where it looks like " | " from my view. From my understanding, I'm doing it wrong. Please UG, help me out here.
Quote by daytripper75
because banning people makes up for my small penis

Quote by hoootlilboy
send her some pron she will thank you later. so will the tech guy.

Quote by Silver_Spork
Ok, the galloping sound (IE Raining Blood - Slayer or Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden).

It goes dun,dun,dun,rest over and over. I would like to learn how to do it. Sounds awesome. I can do it to an extent already. I can do it palm-muted holding my pick to where it looks like " | " from my view. From my understanding, I'm doing it wrong. Please UG, help me out here.

wait so you can do it but you think your form is wrong? well as long as you can do it and do it fast, who cares? lol
The Dude abides
When I do any Galloping rhythm I always turn the pick to the side and use both up and down strokes with a bit palm muting.
I can do it, poorly. I often hit wrong strings, and I can get the ringing distortion I like to play with.
Quote by daytripper75
because banning people makes up for my small penis

Quote by hoootlilboy
send her some pron she will thank you later. so will the tech guy.

you'll get it eventually.
just take it easy and speed it up over time. you might want to use a metronome too.
If you really want to play correctly at tremendous rate you NEED TO USE METRONOME. If you dont have one you can use one of free online tools like bestmetronome.com
Quote by Silver_Spork

Sounds like what you're doing is fine, just make sure you keep the DUD-DUD-DUD picking pattern going and make sure you never over-reach yourself, galloping like Slayer and Metallica takes a huge amount of stamina which is not going to come quickly. Practice at you top speed for as long as you can every day and you'll see an improvement over time but as I say: it's a stamina thing, not coordination, so look at it more like a workout than anything else.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've played The Trooper so many times I can gallop extremely well on that one and far above the song's speed. Once you get it down and practice it you'll find you can easily go far above the real song's speed (then again, I haven't tried Raining Blood).
Try to do it without having to change your picking angle, you get too much of a scratchy sound from the pick hitting the strings when the pick's like that, which will sound like ass at high volumes or with high gain.

Just keep practicing those songs, it's mostly a stamina thing but you also need to make sure you're keeping a straight rhythm going.
Actually, it is an 8th followed by 2 16th notes repeated, so it would be more like dun, rest, dun dun over and over. It is important you acknowledge that in order to the the emphasis on the right beats.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Are you talking guitar or bass?

Guitar: Down-rest-down-up-down-rest-down-up- etc. With some palm muting.

Bass: Three fingers. I play it: Index-rest-ring-middle-index-rest-ring-middle- etc.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by gm jack
Actually, it is an 8th followed by 2 16th notes repeated, so it would be more like dun, rest, dun dun over and over. It is important you acknowledge that in order to the the emphasis on the right beats.

The Raining Blood, so called "reverse gallop" is 2 16ths and an 8th though and IMHO it's just as important to master as the standard form.

tigerking615: Try learning Raining Blood, it's a damn good picking hand workout as a whole as well as a fun song to play, then if you really feel like pushing yourself you should move on to Battery and Disposable Heroes by Metallica and then some older Trivium stuff like Rain. If you can play Rain you're set for life

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yo i hear ya dude but it is realy easy go down down-up-down fast time it right and dont worry bout hittin other strings just keep tryin to avoid that and just try to figure it out then u got it i kno all of those songs easy stuff aight peace
CLASS 6 RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by roknrollmasta86
Yo i hear ya dude but it is realy easy go down down-up-down fast time it right and dont worry bout hittin other strings just keep tryin to avoid that and just try to figure it out then u got it i kno all of those songs easy stuff aight peace

I'm sorry what? Seriously, please, use grammar, proper spelling and a form of English recognized outside of your own mind and you might just be understood. None of that post makes any sense.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I'm sorry what? Seriously, please, use grammar, proper spelling and a form of English recognized outside of your own mind and you might just be understood. None of that post makes any sense.

yadood itz da way kuul kidz lik us speek
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack