After narrowing my search for a new amp down to the Vox AD50vt, I'm just wondering what you guys think of it; if it's reliable and all. After falling for the MG, I've done extensive research on the Vox AD50vt model, but just want to be certain that I should get it.

Also, is it loud enough for gigs, since I will be gigging with it.

Cheers.
If you are playing rock, it would be a great amp. It should be loud enough for gigs, definitely loud enough if you have a PA (most gigs should). If you are playing metal, the Cube 60 would be better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Well I do have a Fender Jaguar so I'm not much of a heavy metal player, but more of a modern and classic rock/hard rock player, and am especially looking for something with a nice tone for cleans, since we play a hell of a lot of chilli-peppers.

Will it be able to get me a Foo Fighters type of crunch, because that's the type of sound for rock songs that our band is after.
I haven't been able to try the bloody thing out since there's none in stores at all around where I am, but am going by what I've read and what I've heard from YouTube :/
Last edited by foodfight at Oct 24, 2008,
^I've tried the thing, to me it seems to have a preset for nearly every occasion. Cleans, 60's rock, 70's rock, 80's hair metal, 90's alt. rock and grunge, modern stuff, nu-metal, regular metal, blues, it really can cover most bases.

I'd just get an AD30VT and hook it up to a good cab though. Then you have something that can be used for practice, jamming, band rehearsal if pushed, and you can hook it up to the cab to get gig-worthy volume, plus it's smaller and lighter, albeit it's larger and heavier with the cab.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by koreandude
blues? how do you get that? what amp model is it?

The Tweed 4 x 12 model(A.K.A. Fender Bassman) with gain anywhere between 9 o' clock and 12 o' clock, depending on the guitar and how hard your picking. Personally I prefer the sound I get with the AC30TBX model with my Tubescreamer though; also gives it a bluesy tone, but the AC30 is my favourite amp, so I prefer that. I suppose in theory you could get a similar tone by playing with the gain on the AC30TBX model.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 24, 2008,