There is this Roland sale that comes to my city every now and then for some strange reason, where everything Boss and Roland is sold pretty cheap. I got my Cube 30x there for guitar for $350 instead of like $600 or so. I was thinking of picking up one of the Bass cube amps. On the brochure, it says that they start at $279, which I am guessing is the new portable one. My old amp broke on me so many times that I got store credit, that I have used on other things. When I had the 100w amp, I had to turn it up to like 5 or so to get a decent volume level out of it. It was an Ashdown Five Fifteen and I hated everything about it. Should I take advantage of this offer and maybe go for the 30w? I don't really want to spend too much money. I'm guessing the 30w would go for about $350. Has anyone ever owned/played though one of these amps?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Acoustic B200 combo... $350
Acoustic AB50 combo... $150-200
not wasting money on a crap amp... priceless
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I can't find Acoustic amps where I live. Another option I was looking into is the Warwick Blue Cab 30.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by grobbo91
There is this Roland sale that comes to my city every now and then for some strange reason, where everything Boss and Roland is sold pretty cheap. I got my Cube 30x there for guitar for $350 instead of like $600 or so. I was thinking of picking up one of the Bass cube amps. On the brochure, it says that they start at $279, which I am guessing is the new portable one. My old amp broke on me so many times that I got store credit, that I have used on other things. When I had the 100w amp, I had to turn it up to like 5 or so to get a decent volume level out of it. It was an Ashdown Five Fifteen and I hated everything about it. Should I take advantage of this offer and maybe go for the 30w? I don't really want to spend too much money. I'm guessing the 30w would go for about $350. Has anyone ever owned/played though one of these amps?

I've got two 30w roland cubes, one for both my bass and my guitar. I like them both. Unfortunately in terms of bass, i've never had another amp so i cant tell you how good it is compared to others. Sometimes the number of settings it has annoys me because i find so many tones that i like that i find i can't settle. You probably hear this alot, but try and play through one if you can i suppose. Good luck
I won't get a chance to play through it. When I got my Cube 30x there, there were 5 for sale, and they sold out in less than 10 minutes. This is an intense sale. I will go in there, grab it, walk around with it while I look at whatever is still left over, maybe buy something again and then leave in probably less than 15 minutes.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

The Cube Bass amps aren't too bad for the price. I used a 60 I believe at my old guitar teacher's shop. I was mildly impressed with it. However, the amp that I've been using is a Fender Rumble 60 so basically anything would be better than that...
Quote by grobbo91
I can't find Acoustic amps where I live. Another option I was looking into is the Warwick Blue Cab 30.

another brilliant amp. and for Acoustic, there should be a few at Guitar Center.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I don't have a guitar centre. I have a bass centre though www.basscentre.com.au
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

OMG i love that shop, but it says your in canberra and the shop is located in Melbourne?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Australia doesn't have "Guitar Centres" and it's hard to find any retailer who sells the Acoustic brand. Just givin you the heads up for future reference Humanity

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
^hey oz bassist i notice your sig and how your saving for a ATK (me to )

well at http://basscentre.com.au/Text/1197345865906-1551/Stock-Clearance-

theyr selling them $200 cheaper, just thought you should know that maybe you get it shipped or something
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Still no opinion on these amps? I would have to take off work on that day if I want to go to this thing, so I need to know now. If I got it there, I would save about $150 or so off retail price, and it still comes with full warranty.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

well im confused wit your first post?

could you just summarise whats your price range and what you'l use it for
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Just home practice. I don't want too spend too much. I will probably only buy the RX model, which is portable and only 5 watts, or the 30w model. So probably a budget of about $400 or so. I don't really care about other amps at the moment, I just want to know if I should buy one of these or not.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

well the first post by humanity indicates that your spending money on crap

i say get the SWR LA12 which is $100 more but i reckon it will be worth it

also try some amps at the local stores and see what you like and then go to the bass shop
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Before I found someone who was willing to teach me how to fix one of my practice amps, I looked seriously at that Roland bass amp. My opinion? I'd save my cash and look for something better. Its not bad, its not good, its just meh. The low B on the five string I was playing for the test just farted through that amp.
Quote by grobbo91
It was an Ashdown Five Fifteen and I hated everything about it.

whaaaat!
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I don't know how cubes are for bass, but I have Roland Cube for my guitar and it's an amazing practice amp. I guess it all depends on wheather you want to use all of the amp models and built in effects or not.
Quote by oz_bassist
Australia doesn't have "Guitar Centres" and it's hard to find any retailer who sells the Acoustic brand. Just givin you the heads up for future reference Humanity

oh I feel stupid. I should have checked...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by anarkee
Before I found someone who was willing to teach me how to fix one of my practice amps, I looked seriously at that Roland bass amp. My opinion? I'd save my cash and look for something better. Its not bad, its not good, its just meh. The low B on the five string I was playing for the test just farted through that amp.

Aye, yes, but I have yet to find another portable bass amp, so that's why a bass MicroCube is always somewhere down low on my GAS list.
Quote by the humanity
Acoustic B200 combo... $350
Acoustic AB50 combo... $150-200
not wasting money on a crap amp... priceless

Does acoustic sell in the UK?

Can you give me a site?
Quote by IndianRockStar
Aye, yes, but I have yet to find another portable bass amp, so that's why a bass MicroCube is always somewhere down low on my GAS list.

You really should check out the Orange Crush Line. A practice Orange amp is in my future at some point. The 35W version is very portable.
Quote by anarkee
You really should check out the Orange Crush Line. A practice Orange amp is in my future at some point. The 35W version is very portable.

But can it be battery powered? That was my main point for the roland. No power supply neccesary.
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
Does acoustic sell in the UK?

Can you give me a site?

sadly, no.

maybe I should charge for reshipping American only stuff to UK and elsewhere...

is that illegal? if it isn't, I can definitely do that.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
sadly, no.

maybe I should charge for reshipping American only stuff to UK and elsewhere...

is that illegal? if it isn't, I can definitely do that.

not illegal but customs will get you bad and it will cost alot more
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
not illegal but customs will get you bad and it will cost alot more

dern it. oh well. thanks!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard