Well since you can talk about anything really in the pit i would like to ask if someone could help me.

Recently my computer got so bad that i had to reinstall windows xp. I got ahold of a xp cd from a friend but with no activation key. It's windows xp professional edition. now i have a key on the bottom of my computer but it's for what use to be on there Home Edition. the question is can is there anyway i could get something like a key or something for the key i have......legally. really i mean legal. thanks for any help.
You can buy just the key from Microsoft. Either online or by phone.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Look for the Home Edition, from your friend or online... There are methods of working with xp w/o a key though...
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
cant you just restore your computer to the orginal factory settings by restoring it? You wouldnt need a new disk for that.
Quote by ak10
cant you just restore your computer to the orginal factory settings by restoring it? You wouldnt need a new disk for that.

How do you do that? it shows that i got a key on the bottom of my computer so how do you restore to the orignal factory settings?
Quote by Xaxu
How do you do that? it shows that i got a key on the bottom of my computer so how do you restore to the orignal factory settings?

1. you can't if you have already started the installation of the new xp

2. it may not fix your problem (if your problem is caused by something like a virus, it won't help)

3. to try anyway, go to start-->all programs-->accessories-->system tools-->system restore

note: your computer must have system restore enabled, and restore points created. however, system restore is intended to fix things like bad driver installations/setting changes.

if you still have the cd key, you could always just find a download of the windows xp home image, and you would not be stealing anything. Microsoft could care less about the actual discs, the CD key is what is important (and what you're really paying for when you buy a copy of windows).
Last edited by SpeedLives at Oct 24, 2008,
Why didn't you get an XP installation disc with your computer? If you have a serial on the side of your computer, you have to have an XP installation disc.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
no he does not have to. he never said he has a dell/gateway/insert other company computer here. if i build someone a computer, and i put the cd key sticker on their computer, i probably wouldn't give them the disc. (considering most people won't need it or know how to use it anyway)

even then, most people can/will lose them.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Why didn't you get an XP installation disc with your computer? If you have a serial on the side of your computer, you have to have an XP installation disc.

As an answer to this. i bought it from someone. It's a nice computer. it's a Compaq presario 2100 series. laptop