Hey,

I just got Chaos In Motion by Dream Theater (the CDs, not the DVDs), and it's a bloody awesome album. But, I was just wondering if anyone else who has it could tell me if their version has a slight skip/scratch at around the 5 minute mark on the final song (Schmedley Wilcox)? I'm wondering cause I want to know whether it's a fault with the disc/rip, or if it's just a slight glitch there was in the recording process.

I know this is a pathetically small thing, but it is annoying me slightly and I'm a bit drunk and bored so yea.
Hi, I recently bought Chaos In Motion and everything is fine. I have special edition with DVDs. Maybe you have to clean the laser in your stereo or something? There are special cleaning CDs to do that. Or you should make complaint about this in shop where you bought Chaos.

Sorry for my bad english;-)

Naszghul
I'll check for your prob right now. I paid AUD$44 for the 5 disc DVD/CD set and this is awesome value considering I paid AUD$50 each for the Live At Budokan and Score DVD's, not including the CD's.

EDIT: Mine does not skip.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by Divided_Eye
i cant help you here, sorry... i have a suspicion its your cd though. i highly doubt theres such an obvious error on any of their stuff that comes out these days.

you also reminded me to get that DVD. thanks!

Yea, well, I have a suspicion it was just a bad rip, cause it sounds like what happens when if I rip something and the disc drive screws it a bit and makes a small scratchy noise. I got a sort of copy in the mean time, until I could find the real thing in the stores, but I might just go out tomorrow and try and find it cause of this.

Can you buy the CDs by themselves without the DVDs? Cause I don't feel like forking out $50 for it...

EDIT: Yea, I figure it was just because of the bad torrent I got. Fair enough, it happens. Just so I don't get flamed for pirating music, I do intend to buy it, it's just that over here in NZ we don't get shit until after other countries, and I've been suprised and angry at how hard it is to find Dream Theater DVDs here, especially the likes of CIM.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Oct 24, 2008,
EDIT: damn, sorry didn't see your edit. Never mind what I posted before

Quote by pangui
EDIT: damn, sorry didn't see your edit. Never mind what I posted before

And in that case, forget what I just posted

Seriously though, you can't even find copies of Score or Live At Budokan at JB Hi-Fi, which is supposed to be the largest record store in town, it's f*cking pathetic.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Oct 24, 2008,
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea, well, I have a suspicion it was just a bad rip, cause it sounds like what happens when if I rip something and the disc drive screws it a bit and makes a small scratchy noise. I got a sort of copy in the mean time, until I could find the real thing in the stores, but I might just go out tomorrow and try and find it cause of this.

Can you buy the CDs by themselves without the DVDs? Cause I don't feel like forking out $50 for it...

EDIT: Yea, I figure it was just because of the bad torrent I got. Fair enough, it happens. Just so I don't get flamed for pirating music, I do intend to buy it, it's just that over here in NZ we don't get shit until after other countries, and I've been suprised and angry at how hard it is to find Dream Theater DVDs here, especially the likes of CIM.

I've been trying to get a PAL copy of SFAM for months but everytime one pops up on ebay it goes for like $70. SO, I bought a region free DVD player (my other one was broken anyway, so couldn't unlock it) and I can get it for like $25 includign shipping from US, how f'd up is that.