I've noticed that if you play bass, none of the band's fan give a shit about you, well the fans that aren't musically talented. Its likes always guitar or the frontman that gets respect ... I dont get it!
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Because they're the center of attention usually. Besides, most of the people who play bass don't do it for the recognition but rather just because they love playing...at least, the ones that I know...

Either way, get over it play.
Quote by goest
Because they're the center of attention usually. Besides, most of the people who play bass don't do it for the recognition but rather just because they love playing...at least, the ones that I know...

Either way, get over it play.

i am playing still, i just found it weird that no1 knows the bassists XD
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by smb
Who fucking cares?

me... tis why i posted the thread
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
i always thought that bassists are kind of "taking one for the team", as it were...
its because bassist are stereotyped as failed guitarist who pump rootnotes and people on here no that thats not true but im guessing that about 10% of bass players are good or trying to be good while the other 90% are just not trying to get better and are getting away with their rootnotes
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
because many bass players just play the root note of any chord the other guitar is playing
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
Quote by SpeedLives
i always thought that bassists are kind of "taking one for the team", as it were...

in ways, depending what kind of "style" you are playing i guess ... like i try to make my basslines as interesting as possible so its not like im "taking one for the team"...
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Pent Wentz is the most famous member of Fallout Boy.

:|

Who wants recognition now?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by solid_moose
Pent Wentz is the most famous member of Fallout Boy.

:|

Who wants recognition now?

yeh, but that is for the worst reason possible, because he is "fit".
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
they dont get recognized cuz u touch urself at night

on a more serious note i agree with whoever said rootnotes my band is auditioning bassists right now and judging by how some of them come up with basslines i cant feel srry for bssists taking a back seat
but if u can come up with something more original than rootnotes, then here's to you and please move out to cali cuz my band needs a good bassist
Quote by prsrulz91
they dont get recognized cuz u touch urself at night

on a more serious note i agree with whoever said rootnotes my band is auditioning bassists right now and judging by how some of them come up with basslines i cant feel srry for bssists taking a back seat
but if u can come up with something more original than rootnotes, then here's to you and please move out to cali cuz my band needs a good bassist

hmm ... its like a ten hour flight, but for you ... XD
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
I don't know, the bassist usually ends up with the chicks.

* insert extremely overused fingering joke*

Srsly though, we're supposed to keep the band in sync along with the drums. We can shine if we want but people overlook bass guitars and go straight to guitars. I don't mind, i like playing so heh.

Also, listen to smb >:[
Most rock bands need the bass to tie the guitars and drums toghether(SP?) and to keep a steady riff causing many fans to look to the "soloists" and view them as the band.
Most of my friends that are girls always thought the loud thud of bass was a guitar that was downtuned

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Seriously, girls in dubbo and WA are actually retarded or something.

"Hey man what's that? like a long guitar?!"
"It's a bass"
"no it's a guitar"
"*sigh*"
Drums and bass are rhythm instruments. We are the foundation of the building. No one cares about the foundations, they just care about the nice penthouse apartments at the top (singers and guitar players). Architects care about the foundations, becuase they know how important they are to the building. Crap foundations, crap building.

The point is, no one really gives a shit about not being known by people whose opinion doesnt matter (the majority of people). Only glory hunters care about things like that.

Personally, i would love to be successful and be absolutely unknown. That is perfection.

How many goalkeepers can you name? I bet you can name more strikers.
Well, Bass makes the rest of the band sound better

So how ever many people like other people in the band... Without specifcally saying something like

"That Bassist blows"

Or something, actually Digs you, he just didn't realise

SUBLIMINAL FANS!
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
It's true, i've never heard anyone that doesn't play bass say that the bass in a certain song sucked. They secretly dig it.
^^ No, They just don't realise the power we have over them!

Bassists are like the media.

Filling your mind with subliminal catches and subconscious realisations to be drawn into the song more

You could say that, or we make everything else sound better... Either way.

We Rock!
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"
ive noticed that if you play with intensity, you get a lot more recognition. it also helps if you DONT play only root notes.
it also helps if you play naked and you happen to have a huge shlong

...oh wait they still wont notice you
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all